Playo 8x DVD-R
Branded
UME01 (Made in China)
PX-891SAF PLUS (1.K7)
SB on, FHT/OS/OHT off
Burned at 8x

Looks like the retail box is finally up on Amazon.com:

Thanks for the heads up, SpotOn.

I just received my retail box from runtechmedia (which I believe is a commercial outlet operated by VinPower). The drive is dated Aug. 2016 and I doubt there is any difference between the retail version and the bulk version. The retail box was not even sealed.

I haven’t hooked it up to my system yet, so no clue what the firmware version is…It did however, come with a disc containing PlexTools Version 1.0.1.6. Maybe that will fix the scanning problems…

Folks, any more insights as to functional/firmware differences between the retail and bulk version of this drive?

Sorry to respond to my own post, but in the interim I received a response from Vinpower tech support.

They said that, apart from the bundled software in the retail version, they are identical in hardware and firmware. The only differences in firmware might be due to the production date on older stock.

Hi
i bougth this drive , it’s possible change the BookType in DVD+DL media to DVD-ROM ??? or is automatic set to DVD-ROM like Pioneer writer??
Regards

after various test my 891saf Plus with 1.K7 firmware has issue with BookType change by IMGBURN , Someone can confirm it???

The first procedure to change BookType work without problem

but after during the burn i have this issue with Booktype …

There is a change in Book-type in other programs.
Also, the Optiarc AD-5290S does not work in ImgBurn and the other programs work fine.

Thanks czary2mary1 for exaustive info :blush: , now I just checked the First and second burn(dvd+r & DVD+RL) made with IMGBURN ( managed the BookType with internal Tool to DVD-ROM), and for ALL the BookType burned are DVD-ROM

In definitive the internal Tool work like the Other program but the IMGBURN not recognise the currently Booktype during the burn.

First Burn with IMGBURN

Best Regards

Hello,
does anyone can please provide me the 891SAF Plus 1.K5 firmware, many thanks in advance.

I’ve uploaded the 1.K5 firmware here.

Hi,
many thanks jadburner :nerd:
I’ve got the best ‘support’ from you and our other members :clapping: