Plextor PX-755A DVD Burner Review

I own this drive. Overall very satisfied. One issue up till now: I burned a CDR Audio disc with Nero (7.x latest version), by dragging some MP3 files to the audio disc. Although the disc is readable, it has a lot of hickups in the audio, which are also shown in the mm:ss indicator. Tried two burning speeds (48x and 4x, does not want to burn slower speeds) on Taiyo Yuden media that always worked in previous burners. I am undecided if this is related to the drive or to the software. Need to do more coas^H^H^H^Htesting for that :slight_smile:

I just posted the article Plextor PX-755A DVD Burner Review.

Plextor SA/NV (B) was kind enough to send us one of their latest DVD Burners, the PX-755A for review. In this review we will be testing how the PX-755A performs with different media types. We will also be running some advanced tests in this review, and taking a look at PlexTools Professional XL.

The Plextor PX-755A supports 16x DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW and 10x/6x DVD+R DL/DVD-R DL writing technology, allowing Double/Dual Layer discs of 8.5GB to be written.

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/130-Plextor-PX-755A-DVD-Burner-Review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/130-Plextor-PX-755A-DVD-Burner-Review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Could be Nero, version 7 has been known to be having some problems producing glitch free audio CDs from mp3s. Unsure whether the latest version (7.0.8.2) still suffers from this or not.

Hi, I’ve got this Plextor PX-755A DVD drive as well now. But I’ve got some problems. CD’s and DVD’s read very well, no probs there. CD’s also burn well. But when I try to burn DVD’s the burning software locks up and the drive doesn’t want to give my DVD back. I searched the whole net for this problem but didn’t find any solution for this problem. Specs: Intel P4 1.8 GHz 2*515 DDR-SDRAM MSI MS-6547 main board win XP Pro SP2 Burn programs: Nero 7 / Plextools When I try to burn the burning begins well untill the amber light of the 755A starts to flash. Then the burn % meter stops. After 2 minutes the amber light stops flashing and turns green. Now IE7 is stuck, burn program is stuck, DVD is stuck. The only way to get my pc running again is Ctrl+alt+del and stopping the burn program. IE7 still doesn’t do a thing and my DVD is still stuck. Pressing the start button for a moment shuts down my pc and then I can start my pc again. Anyone got some pointers for me?

I’m the owner of a Plextor PX-755A drive and I’m overall very satisfied of it. Burning and reading goes perfect except for one part, the drive doesn’t erase most of my DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs correctly and makes them useless. I’m using Nero 7 with the default drive firmware and tried with Sony DVD+RW and Philips DVD+RW discs, most of both were erased incorrectly. I’m currently installing Nero 8 and looking for a firmware upgrade and hope to get this problem resolved.