Plextor PX-740A NIB on eBay

vbimport

Was just crusing eBay and happened to notice there are 3 Plextor PX-740A NIB on eBay (can be cross flashed to BenQ DW1640). They have a Buy It Now for 19.95 + 7.95 to ship or you can bid on them. Here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLEXTOR-PX-740A-DUAL-LAYER-DVD-RW-BURNER-IDE-DRIVE-NIB-/170568502573?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item27b6accd2d

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLEXTOR-PX-740A-DUAL-LAYER-DVD-RW-BURNER-IDE-DRIVE-NIB-/170568502471?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item27b6acccc7

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLEXTOR-PX-740A-DUAL-LAYER-DVD-RW-BURNER-IDE-DRIVE-NIB-/170568502671?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item27b6accd8f

Only 2 left.

1 left.

WTF?! Dude just went up on his shipping price by $4.00 (was $7.95, now $11.95) for the last one.

[QUOTE=negritude;2558475]WTF?! Dude just went up on his shipping price by $4.00 (was $7.95, now $11.95) for the last one.[/QUOTE]
arse hole realised what he had I guess :a

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2558478]arse hole realised what he had I guess :a[/QUOTE]

and I’ll just bet you the person has more than 3. Still at $4 more it’s not a bad deal for NIB; I’ve seen them go for more.

Originally, there was just 1 available (guess who got that?!) Two days later, 3 more appeared.

[QUOTE=negritude;2558475]WTF?! Dude just went up on his shipping price by $4.00 (was $7.95, now $11.95) for the last one.[/QUOTE]

Maybe when he/she got to the post office the shipping was more than what they
thought it was going to be. I had that happen to me once back when I sold a few
things on ebay and I lost money on what I charged for the shipping. :sad:

Or could be like jamescooley1 said (arse hole realised what he had I guess) and
probably wanted to make a few dollars more on it. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2558478]arse hole realised what he had I guess :a[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2558118]:cop: Language like this will not be tolerated :cop:
I don’t need
another burner right now :eek:[/QUOTE]
:bow: not even 24hrs :bigsmile:

Well, I hope someone who didn’t already have one got one. I have too many BenQs, and passed on the deal. I have enough BenQs to last me until I’m on social security (if social security is still around).

[QUOTE=negritude;2558541]Well, I hope someone who didn’t already have one got one. I have too many BenQs, and passed on the deal. I have enough BenQs to last me until I’m on social security (if social security is still around).[/QUOTE]
Amen to that Negritude, everyone should have at least 1, if their mobo has EIDE. My new mobo doesnt, but you can always add a controller card. I remember when Best Buy was selling these Plextor 740As, I bought 2 for 39.99 each and it came with 30 TDK DVDs. LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=negritude;2558541]Well, I hope someone who didn’t already have one got one. I have too many BenQs, and passed on the deal. I have enough BenQs to last me until I’m on social security (if social security is still around).[/QUOTE]

I came close to buying all four, but I really only needed 1 as I’m having problems with another BenQ I bought. I’ll probably be replacing this computer in the next year, so 1 more should do me. I lost my good BenQ DW1655 a while back and was able to buying to get in on the deal from Unity.

Couldn’t almost believe my eyes when I came across a NIB on eBay seeing as they are several years old! If you think twice about buying, it’s gone; so I immediately purchased the first one!

I considered buying the other 3 and reselling them for a little profit, but thought someone here needed a good drive for a decent price.

I did not even think about purchasing one because I was hoping people that need a new one or never had a PN chipset BenQ would purchase. I still have 2 NIB 740’s and various other 1640 clones.

Don’t have any 1640 or clone ? :confused:
Why ? :confused:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2558621]Don’t have any 1640 or clone ? :confused:
Why ? :confused:[/QUOTE]
Why you ask? Because you own everything else in the world.:wink:

The person that was selling the Plextor PX-740A now has more for sale.

At last count I have noted 5.

Bids were starting at $9.99 + $11.75 for shipping, or a Buy It Now price for $24.95 + $11.75 to ship.

Here’s the link to his page:

http://shop.ebay.com/clone405/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

(is someone from here selling their stash???)

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2558621]Don’t have any 1640 or clone ? :confused:
Why ? :confused:[/QUOTE]
Sony 810 A-I think
is my favorite, It’s been awhile. Nice looking drive.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2559016]Sony 810 A-I think
is my favorite, It’s been awhile. Nice looking drive.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is Nice looking face plate :iagree: ( SONY Design )

[QUOTE=alan1476;2558572]Amen to that Negritude, everyone should have at least 1, if their mobo has EIDE. My new mobo doesnt, but you can always add a controller card. I remember when Best Buy was selling these Plextor 740As, I bought 2 for 39.99 each and it came with 30 TDK DVDs. LOL.;)[/QUOTE]

Ok, you convinced me. I have an EIDE mobo and one of the optical drives in my computer is just a reader. I bought one of the three remaining PX-740A’s from ebay. I have a question about crossflashing the drive to the BenQ DW1640. Can I just flash the PX-740A with the latest BenQ DW1640 firmware (BSRB) or do I first need to use BQFlasher by Quikee?

Just load your BQ FW of choice in BQFlasher and you are ready

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2559223]Just load your BQ FW of choice in BQFlasher and you are ready[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this sort of thing. I presume the latest firmware (BSRB) is the best?