Plextor PX-712A/AS

No, it’s not fake!!! I’m surprised you didn’t have your own thread about this yet.

There’s more information @ CDRLabs (rules do not permit me to make direct image posting to other sites)

Just a quickie dose of information:
12x DVD+R (P-CAV)
8x DVD-R (P-CAV)

Need I say more?

Oh, yeah, the PX-712AS is the SATA (Serial ATA) verison.

Great! Now this over-priced, over-rated piece of garbage can trash media twice as fast…

More information, to complement what CD Freaks already posted in their news report. (Source: PC Watch)

Reads single-layer DVDs at 16x, dual-layer discs at 12x.

PlexTools Professional will allow up to 910MB of data to be burned onto a CD. (They had originally said 980MB, and note that the “910” is a correction, so if you see 980 ignore it.)

Plextor will also be releasing the industry’s first SATA drive, the PX-712SA/JP, in early June. They estimate a retail price of about 25,000 yen (around US$230). White bezels only.

(Pictures of the newly announced drives at http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0310/plextor.htm)

zun

Think before you speak pcdoc, read:

American release dates and prices:

PX-712A - late April - $209
PX-712SA - May - $229

Currently the official MSRP for the DVR-107 is $229 I believe, so it’s really not any more, and this will be faster, higher quality, and SATA.

Of course, shops like newegg and the like will carry it for even less…

Originally posted by aviationwiz
[B]Think before you speak pcdoc, read:

… [/B]

I did, you missed the point… The point was not pricing, 12X, SATA or anything but the fact that it’s Plextor. Enough said…

Regards-

Troll alert :cop:

Originally posted by aviationwiz
[B]No, it’s not fake!!! I’m surprised you didn’t have your own thread about this yet.

There’s more information @ CDRLabs (rules do not permit me to make direct image posting to other sites)

Just a quickie dose of information:
12x DVD+R (P-CAV)
8x DVD-R (P-CAV)

Need I say more?

Oh, yeah, the PX-712AS is the SATA (Serial ATA) verison. [/B]

i already started this thread before CDRLabs.

check here

I will close this thread to keep the discussion on the Plextor PX-712A concentrated in one thread.