I've got mayor problems with my Plextor PX-708A dvd burner...
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
- 30 GB Maxtor HDD (master)
- Plextor PX-708A (master) newest firmware (1.10)
- LG CD drive (slave)
- Maxtor 120 GB 7200 RPM Diamondmax 9 Plus
I use Windows XP Pro
Experiencing the following problems:
- Very low read speeds, read errors (even on CD's bought in shop)
- Sometimes Windows error on start-up saying that the correct drivers could not be found.
Writing always crashes, it does the lead-in beautifully, but when writing data, the buffers (both read and write) immedietly drop to zero, resulting in a burnt cd or dvd with 32423423 buffer underrun protections. These problems occur with all writing programs ( I use Alcohol 120% and Nero 6 Ãœltra, both newest versions ).
I think it has something to do with the transport of data from the hard drive to the burner. It happens on both the P-ATA or S-ATA hdd as source. Got 1Gig RAM, 500 MB free while burning DVD's.
Could someone please help me???