Plextor PX-708A Burning Dvd +r Media at 8x speed ?What program works better?

Hello, I wanted to know how you burn dvd+r 4x media at 8x and what program do i need to know to use >? Nero? or Alcohol 120%
This is for making dvd+r Video files backup like taking all the files from a dvd rip and Burning them to the Backup Disc
Thanks and What is better to use?

I wuould think the latest Nero should work - it depends on what the drive ‘sends back’. But, why risk a dodgy burn that may die in months to come rather than take 15 minutes extra or so to burn at x4?

I use Nero v6.0.0.11. See here for a small tutorial on how to set up a DVD-Video compilation in Nero Burning ROM 5.5 or 6.

Thank’s ! There was a chance i read in a review you can use 4x media to burn at 8x speed recording ! like say a program Nero or
CloneDvd ?

Yes, but this is not dependant on the used software and only on the used media. The Plextor PX-708A can burn the following 4x DVD media at 8x (this is also listed in the FAQ):

[ul][li]Mitsubishi Chemical 8X (2.4X ~ 8X) DTR47U1, DTR47U5
[/li]> [li]Plextor 8X (2.4X ~ 8X) PX-DVD+R4JC1
[/li]> [li]Ricoh 8X (2.4X ~ 8X) DRD-4XPC, DRV-4XPC, DRD-4XCW10, DRD-4XCW5, DRD-4XPC5, DRV-4XCW5, DRV-4XPC5
[/li]> [li]Taiyo Yuden 8X (2.4X ~ 8X) DVDR+D47TY, DVDR+D47TY5P[/ul]
[/li]A complete list with supported media for the PX-708A and other Plextor drive can be found here.