Plextor PX 708a and princos

I everybody,
excuse me if this argument have just been discussed here but I use to post in Liteon forum but a friend of mine had a problem with the recorder in object.
Let’s begin…
He’s got a PX 708a, and he had some problems with cd-rw so he upgraded the firmware to v. 1.06; the problem was apparently solved but all princos he burned where unreadable… So he upgraded another time to v. 1.07… Anything changed.
Now he asked me to solve this strange problem… The fact is that he’s got a pack of more than 70 princos…
He don’t now the previous sw version…

Any solution?

Many thanks!

The solution, and I’m sorry to say this, is to buy other media. Princo is about the worst media you can buy and although the burned discs may be perfectly readable for some time Princo media deteriorates rapidly, making the discs unreadable. Has your friend tried reading other DVDR media? If the drive can read these discs without problems then I would suspect that the Princo’s have simply gone bad and there’s not much you can do about this other than to buy better media and use that in the future.

You know,the quality of Princo is very poor,try to use another brand DVDR;)

Thanks for the replies…
Now the problem is different… After upgrading to v.1.07 he’s not able to burn any disc as any recording software refuses to start burning…
He’s willing to change recorder… His hw supplier accepted to take back the old plextor and give him 80€. As the supplier already know the problems my friend had, it’s very easy to guess that the burner problem is easily resolvable…
What do you think?

Yes,maybe there was a problem occured during flashing the firmware.