Plextor PX-612U review

vbimport

I just posted the article Plextor PX-612U review.

MyCE takes an in depth look on the Plextor PX-612U. The PX-612U is a USB2 external DVD-/ RW drive that not only can read and burn CD’s and DVD’s but it also supports the PlexTV function. You can continue reading the review to find out more about the Plextor PX-612U

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/plextor-px-612u-review-64222/](http://www.myce.com/review/plextor-px-612u-review-64222/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great review, Vroom :clap:

Looks like a very decent drive. Looks seriously cool, as well :cool:.

Hi,

You say the Plextor PX-612U doesn’t automatically set the book type. Do you happen to know if you can change the book type? Specifically DVD+R DL to DVD-R.

I am trying to find an external or PATA internal drive for a laptop where I can change the book type (using ImgBurn) of DVD+R DL to DVD-R. I’ve tried a Pioneer DVR-TD11RS and not had any luck.

Many Thanks

W.

You can change the booktype using the utilities that plextor provides, i also believe that you can do the same with IMGBurn from DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM.

May i ask why you need to change the booktype from +R DL to -R?

Hi Vroom,

Thanks very much for your response.

My Sat Nav DVD has stopped working. Tested with a copy from my local Audi stealer that confirmed it was a faulty disk as opposed to the unit, however, I am not going to part with £200 for another disk. I have ‘sourced’ a copy, but as it requires a dual layer disk to fit all the data, the default book type on my existing burner i DVD+R (DL) and the device will only work with DVD-R. I have a feeling this has been done to reduce illegal copying rather than the device not understanding DVD+R.

Unfortunately, my HP laptop’s built in recorder is an NEC drive with a custom HP firmware, and my other laptop, a Dell, the DVD drive doesn’t support changing the book type from DVD+R to DVD-R either. M/N TS-L632H.

Thanks Again.

W.

I’ve managed to change the firmware on the Dell TSSTCorp TS-L632H DVD to the retail version SN-S082H SB01.

I have written about it here

Thanks [I]mciahel[/I].

[QUOTE=woter324;2675467]I’ve managed to change the firmware on the Dell TSSTCorp TS-L632H DVD to the retail version SN-S082H SB01.

I have written about it here

Thanks [I]mciahel[/I].[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear.