Plextor PX-2410A, bios 1.04, copies MOHAA and plays in Toshiba SD-M1502 dvd rom

vbimport

My Plextor PX-2410A, bios 1.04, copies MOHAA and plays in Toshiba SD-M1502 dvd rom, pioneer dvd 114, pioneer dvd 115, plextor 32ts rom. Using the cdclone 4.0.0.1 American version using default "game" settings.

the only thing it doesn't work in is a acer 50x rom, but niether does the real disk!!! :o

drive is:
px-w2410ta, bios 1.04
jan, 2002
tla #0303

Same exact results for Plextor PX-r820t (bios 1.08) and Yamaha cdw2200 (bios 1.0d) with scsi adapter.:slight_smile:

If you could do me a favor, since you have a Tosh Sd-M1502 - could you try to copy Tiger Woods 2002? It is a very commomn disk, so I am sure that someone you know has an original.

I have seen a few posts about MOHAA working with CloneCD 4 and a plex, but nothing about Tiger Woods 2002. Could you send me a log file of your burn if it works? You can find my e-mail in my profile.

Thank you.

I have looked (not very hard) for a copy of MOHAA to see if it burns easier than TW2002, but I haven’t found it yet.

i really don’t know many people up here in rainy seattle that are into puters like i am, so probably i won’t be able to find anyone with that game. I’m into fps type games, so if you could sugest some thing else i may have i will try that:)

update: i tried MaxPayne and it copied. But wouldn’t play in either of the plextor cdrw drives! played in the the plextor 32ts, acer and ALL dvd roms.

update again: i understand now. the safedisc checks to see if the disk is a cdr media. clever little bastards. i also found the patch to enable “hide cdr media” and “AWS”. and guess what max payne now works in the plextors.

the interesting thing is that the yamaha worked, it must not report back to safe disk that the media is cdr.

Can you also include the settings you used in copying these titles?

Thanx

i used the stock “game cd” profile for all of them.

but i also tried one with only these settings with the same result.
data read settings:
read subchannel data from data tracks
audio read settings:
read speed max, audio extraction quality Medium (fast)
read subchannel data from audio tracks
error handling:
fest error skip settings ON
don’t report read errors
intelligent bad sector scanner
100 sector skip

You definetly can’t make perfect backups with plextor 24x (#0202) and FW 1.04.

It fails to burn the 14B9-pattern i think (one of the new patterns 1212 and 14B9 worked fine, the other one doesn’t, but i’m not sure which).

The copy worked in some drives, but not in toshiba 1502.

alexnoe-
what games failed to copy? so i can check to see if i can copy them
eric

the ones i just remember:

C&C renegade
Star Trek Bridge Commander

of course i’m always speaking of “failed without aws”, since that is what I want: backups without aws, which liteons are capable of…

I picked up a copy of MOHAA on Sunday. After I downloaded updates for my graphics cards, I was able to get it to work. I then used the game default settings and was able to make a copy that worked in all drives tried including my Tosh SD-M1502, Therefore, CloneCD 4 and a plex 40x will make a workable copy of MOHAA that will work in a Tosh SD-M1502 as well as other common drives. That is a very fortuitous turn of events. Of course, as I have said before, this has been done before according to others.

I tried the TW2002 disk again with the game profile and it failed when I tried to read it with the Tosh SD-M1502, but I got a surprise when I tried something else. I’ll report more later.

Now for the more later part. I read somewhere that you could use the new Clony XL 2.0.0.6 to get the settings and send them to CloneCD like the old version would do. So…I scanned TW2002 with Clony XXl 2.0.0.6 and sent the settings to CCD 4. It created a profile in both the read and write sections. I used it to read to an image file and burn to disk from the image. I tried it. It didn’t work with the Tosh. I then noticed that I had Hide CDR media checked. I unchecked it and entered the disk into the Tosh. It worked!

After trying unsuccessfully to burn another one. I finally discovered that I had to use the default Clony XXl settings and make sure that Hide CDR Media was checked during the read and the write. I then unchecked it and the Tosh would read the disk! I know that it sounds strange, but that’s what happened! I have burned 3 workable copies using the plex 40x and CCD 4. I have not been able to successfully burn a copy of TW2002 in the plex any other way (by that I mean a copy that works in the Tosh SD-M1502).

I can post the settings, but it is far easier for you to use Clony XXl 2.0.0.6 and get them yourselves. Just make sure that Hide CDR Media is checked during the read and the burn, but not when you are trying to read it with the Tosh.

I hope that someone can confirm my findings.

As a caveat, I was unable to get MOHAA to work with the Clony XXL settings, although I did not try very hard.

In short, MOHAA worked with the game profile, TW2002 did not. TW2002 worked with the clony XXL 2.0.0.6 settings and Hide CDR Media enabled, but MOHAA did not. Maybe the key for SD 2.51xxx and above is to use all possible combinations until you find one that works for that protection. It could be a different combination for each copy protection version or maybe for each software program. Maybe Olli can confirm as well.

all my “backups” were done with the US “version”, prior to being patched, so all attempts were done without AWS.

so far i’ve been able to copy MOHAA, RTCW, & MaxPayne :slight_smile:

what does AWS really do?

RTCW has no copy protection
Max Payne hasn’t got SD 2.5 (at least there’re no 1212- or 14B9-sectors in the version I’ve seen)
MOHAA is SD 2.51.
Please check if there’re 14B9-sectors. If you only find 3F65, 7D65 and 1212, there shouldn’t be a too great problem.

AWS slighly modifies the week sectors before they’re sent to the writer so that the efm-encoding of the modified data can be done correctly with lots of drives (there’re also some which would still fail, such as Mitsumi 4x, Mitsumi 8x, Memorex 12MAXX)
The error correction will reconstruct the original data if you read and use the copy.

The toshiba 1502 is the only drive a know that can discover such amplified week sectors in reading without error correction using clonecd. I haven’t checked the 1612 yet.

> caveat

Please explain this word to a native speaker of german…

Originally posted by runner1000000
Therefore, CloneCD 4 and a plex 40x will make a workable copy of MOHAA that will work in a Tosh SD-M1502 as well as other common drives. That is a very fortuitous turn of events. Of course, as I have said before, this has been done before according to others.

I’ve only been able to make a backup of MOHAA with my Plex 40x that runs only in the Plex drive with Hide CDR Media turned on. I’ve tried just about everything…default Game CD profile, recommended Safedisk2 settings, Clony XXl 2.0.0.6 settings, AWS on and off, the latest Beta Blocker, etc. What firmware version is on your Plex 40x (mine is v1.01)?

> runs only in the Plex drive with Hide CDR Media turned on.

of course! Or do you use cd-r without atip?

Originally posted by Flashman
[B]

I’ve only been able to make a backup of MOHAA with my Plex 40x that runs only in the Plex drive with Hide CDR Media turned on. I’ve tried just about everything…default Game CD profile, recommended Safedisk2 settings, Clony XXl 2.0.0.6 settings, AWS on and off, the latest Beta Blocker, etc. What firmware version is on your Plex 40x (mine is v1.01)? [/B]

fw is 1.01. What are you trying to read it with? Turn Hide CDR Media off when you try to read with your CD/DVD-Rom. It’s the only way that I could get it to read. Of course, who knows with SD2.51xxx, it is really very quirky.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]RTCW has no copy protection
Max Payne hasn’t got SD 2.5 (at least there’re no 1212- or 14B9-sectors in the version I’ve seen)
MOHAA is SD 2.51.
Please check if there’re 14B9-sectors. If you only find 3F65, 7D65 and 1212, there shouldn’t be a too great problem.

AWS slighly modifies the week sectors before they’re sent to the writer so that the efm-encoding of the modified data can be done correctly with lots of drives (there’re also some which would still fail, such as Mitsumi 4x, Mitsumi 8x, Memorex 12MAXX)
The error correction will reconstruct the original data if you read and use the copy.

The toshiba 1502 is the only drive a know that can discover such amplified week sectors in reading without error correction using clonecd. I haven’t checked the 1612 yet.

> caveat

Please explain this word to a native speaker of german… [/B]

An afterthought or additional point.

Greffel mind your language. You have been warned.

Originally posted by Greffel
[B]wow …

finally runner000 does not suck anymore, should all in this forum call you a lier now. It’s a good thing that you are a man anough to admit you where wrong.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=44720

it workt for me and Olli and many more, and it took you maybe 2 weaks to get it to work. What did you learn from this?
please tell me =)

BTW… how is your USA doing in VM in Hockey

hahaha

Remember the mighty swede is allways better than you. [/B]

You really need to work on your English as I have suggested before as you are not understanding what has been posted.

I posted that after obtaining a copy of MOHAA that it worked using Game profile the first time I tried to make a copy, while TW2002 has consistently not worked with any setting for CCD4 and using the Tosh as a reader. It was only after repeated efforts that I was able to make a copy of TW2002. The method was convoluted and time consuming. An average person would have quit and been unable to make a copy. This says more about my intelligence and perseverance than it does about CCD4’s ability to make perfect copies. A copy of TW2002 costs about $40. Since my consulting fee is about $50 per hour, I lost about $500 making a copy of a $40 disk. Doesn’t sound like a super program to me - a good one perhaps. Of course, Olli may be able to work out the kinks in future updates or maybe not. Perhaps we will all be willing to accept one day that the plex has limitations and it is not CCD4’s fault. Olli has noted that the plex is not a perfect reader or writer of EFM encoding on his own site. I like the plex. I can accept that. How about you?

I still can’t say that my copies are perfect copies. The only thing that I know for sure is that the copies made by me (one through a very long process) worked on my Tosh. Some others have already stated that they could copy MOHAA with CCD4 game settings. I just confirmed their findings. This is still hardly proof of anything, but a good sign, none the less.

Many other people are still unable to make workable copies of SD2.51xxx and CD Freaks in their review of the plex 40x burner found that the CCD4 beta could not make perfect copies (http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=74&Page=9). The copies were not readable in a Lite-on 52x CDRom and the Tosh SD-M1502, among others. That makes these people, including CDFreaks liars? You might want to do a search on this site and you will find G@M3FR3@K has said many times that the plex cannot make perfect copies. Is he a liar? I personally asked Olli for an example of TW2002 being copied by a plex and read by a Tosh SD-M1502. He cannot give one as he has been unable to do so. Don’t make assumptions that you cannot back with facts. So is Olli incompetent now? I can make a working copy of TW2002 (read and written with the plex and read by the Tosh SD-M1502). No one else (including Olli) has been able to do it before I painstakingly came upon a solution. So, according to your definition, Olli is now a liar and incompetent.

CCD4 has a long way to go. Maybe it will get there. Maybe it won’t. It probably will not matter as each successive major revision of copy protection will become more expansive, more effective and less expensive thus shutting off the ability to make copies to more people each time, as cost is the single most important reason why copy protection is not on more CDs. I really think that at this point, the copy protection companies are just playing. They have cut off the ability of 90% of the people out there to make copies of protected disks. Now they can take their time and work on eliminating the remaining 10% or so.

You really need to grow up. How old are you? I noticed that you have conveniently dodged that question.

You seem to think that you have a lot of knowledge about the plex and CCD4. Use it to help people, not to show time and again that you do not understand (read) English well by attacking others with inane remarks. No one is served by that.

Originally posted by runner1000000
[B]

fw is 1.01. What are you trying to read it with? Turn Hide CDR Media off when you try to read with your CD/DVD-Rom. It’s the only way that I could get it to read. Of course, who knows with SD2.51xxx, it is really very quirky. [/B]

I’m trying to read it with myCD/DVD-Rom drive…I believe it’s a NEC 5800A (I’m at work now so can’t confirm that). I’ve tried your method with turning ‘hide CDR media’ off when reading with this drive, but it’s still a no go. Since you’ve got a Plex 40x like me, do you have any suggestions on making backups of MOHAA that will run in this drive? (BTW, I can make a backup of MOHAA with my Plex 40x that works in all drives…BUT!..when I try to run MOHAA after it’s been patched with v1.11 is when the backup won’t work in any drive but my Plex 40x.)

Greffel - pay attention - please stop, take a breath, think & enjoy the forum - FP

Now I made a copy of ST Bridge Commander (SD 2.6) to a CD-R (Mitsubishi 16x).

While on Mitsubishi CD-RW only the 14B9-sector was destroyed, now, on Mitsubishi CD-R, also the 1212-sector is unreadable for my toshiba (as well as one sector before and the next two after these sectors).

When reading without error correction, even the plextor cannot read the 14B9-sector (while the 1212 is still OK). But it’s only the one sector which is defective.