Plextor Premium-U

Is this drive supported by bw or any other software apart from plex-tools???

Cd speed doesn’t show it, so i cannot do any tests…
BW will only write at 4x but there is no data on the cd…

Windows XP home however sees it and i can play cds through it, bu so far i cannot copy anything.

Anybody else having trouble with this drive?

I use it with Nero 5.5, CDRWin, Exact Audio Copy…
For CDRWin, the version must be recent (i use 3.9), for Exact Audio Copy (which is an Audio CD-ripper in case you don’t know what is it… IMO, it is THE audio CD-ripper) you must install the Nero Aspi DLL in the directory where the burning program resides… maybe this trick can help you also with other cd-burning programs…
Regards,

ET

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]Is this drive supported by bw or any other software apart from plex-tools???

Cd speed doesn’t show it, so i cannot do any tests…
BW will only write at 4x but there is no data on the cd…

Windows XP home however sees it and i can play cds through it, bu so far i cannot copy anything.

Anybody else having trouble with this drive? [/B]

Justread that bw forces it to 4x, and after trying again it seems to work…

Still can’t get cd speed to work though.

CD Speed works just fine with the Premium drive, internal model and external model. I think the problem is is that Nero CD Speed fails to see any external drive. Have you installed Nero Burning Rom? In that case Nero CD Speed is supposed to use the WNASPI32.DLL file from Nero in order to see the drives on your machine. Can you try copying the WNASPI32.DLL file to the folder where the Nero CD Speed exe is located? Also, it’s also recommended that you use the latest Nero CD Speed version (v2.10). Please report back.

i haven’t got nero installed but have the latest version of cd-speed. can i just rip that file straight off the nero installation cd or do i need to fully install it first (something i don’t really want to do)

Is it possible to send me the file?

Thanks for all your help.

You can download it from here:

ftp://ftp.ahead.de/NeroAspiEn.exe

ET

hey thanks for that.

tried adding it to the cdspeed folder but it’s no different.

ignore that last statement :o

went to their website and actually read what i had to do :wink: and it works perfectly.

thanks again :bow:

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]
went to their website and actually read what i had to do :wink: and it works perfectly.

thanks again :bow: [/B]

Good for you!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ET

Good to hear that. Perhaps I should have made it more clear to you :wink: For anyone who’s wondering, you can download WNASPI32.DDL from the Nero CD-DVD Speed website www.cdspeed2000.com.