Plextor premium & Safedisk 2.90

Hi there,
This days I have been looking posts about plextor premium and safedisk 2.90. Two weeks ago I bought the last expansion of Sims: Superstars, and I have not been able to to copy it with some reports I read here.
So, someone can tell me what options have to be selected with last BW version?
Someone have defeated this protection with a toshiba SD-R5002?
I can confirm that CD-RW media are the only that work in my devices, and CDR not with all possible combinations of options at blindwrite and at low speed for reading/writing.
So, people that says work on CDR for them, please explain me what O.S do you have, options…

Thanks in advance

what has this to do with the plextor premium?

You said in your post then toshiba SD-R5002.

Btw. the plextor premium should be able to backup this protection although i don’t know about blindwrite here.

Btw. the plextor premium should be able to backup this protection although i don’t know about blindwrite here.

The plextor premium and Blindwrite can back-up this protection, with no problems.

According to several people, Premium drives with TLA # 0002 can make backups of SuperStar (SafeDisc 2.9) that work in most DVD and CDROM drives.

The TLA # 0000 revision is a hit and miss.
The copy works in some DVD and CDROM drives, while it doesn’t in others.

The TLA # 0000 revision is a hit and miss.

right now it’s running 100% on my end mine is tla #0000 and all my safedisc 2.90 back-ups work. I use the plextor premium to both read and write. I read at 4X and write at max usinf autoplay all copies have worked so far.
Lite-On and Pioneer DVD, Lite-On and Asus cd-rom, Sony, Plextor cdrw, Sony DVDRW, Kenwood cd-rom, works in all of them.

kamikazee did you use autoplay with the copy. I am sorry to ask, but I couldn’t understand that from your post…

autoplay has nothing to do with safedisc 2.90 only with the bwa, or at least this was so.

Originally posted by kamikazee

right now it’s running 100% on my end mine is tla #0000 and all my safedisc 2.90 back-ups work. I use the plextor premium to both read and write. I read at 4X and write at max usinf autoplay all copies have worked so far.
Lite-On and Pioneer DVD, Lite-On and Asus cd-rom, Sony, Plextor cdrw, Sony DVDRW, Kenwood cd-rom, works in all of them.

That’s great it’s working for you…

The copies I make play fine in a Pioneer DVD-120 and Mitsumi CDROM.

The copies do not work with a Sony DVD 1621 (fw 3.3) and Plextor Ultra 40Max CDROM (fw 1.12 and 1.14), get the temp file crash.

I’m not the only Premium user that has this problem with SafeDisc 2.9 either.

I’ve tried everything…
Practically all variations of Autplay on/off, EWS off/on, various burn speeds, and etc.

I know my BlindWrite image is good…
I can mount it in the Alcohol virtual drive and it plays fine.

My Premium is stamped TLA 0000 May 2003
Came with firmware 1.00, upgraded to 1.03 the day I got it.
I’ve even reflashed 1.03 a couple of times just to make sure…

hey I have a plextor premium and also three other burners that i burn with and test. I could not get the premium with tla # 0000 to burn safe disc 2.9 at all …example sims superstar …devistation… I did though on my other burners able to use blindwrite or alcohol to burn them. I have settings on other burners …I have worked with sims superstar alot on helping people get burn and i have yet to get one to work on plextor and that is mine included. But i have seen them burn on tla #0003. I use a memorex now and it burns everything and does c: c: copies

giovanni40220@msn.com

if you got it to work on plextor then i am shocked …I have had six users with this drive and not one safe disc working .

hmm.

for cdfreaks it worked to make perfect 1:1 copies of all safedisc 2 versions with a plextor premium, so the only problem could be the settings or really the TLA#.

autoplay has nothing to do with safedisc 2.90 only with the bwa, or at least this was so.

Auto-play has everything to do with safedisc 2.90. it is what actually helps hide the ATIP and any imperfections in the writing.

To do devastation with the plextor premium, read at 4X, check extract subcodes, when you write (i did max) check autoplay and leave enhance weak sectors unchecked, this has worked for me on Devastation and Sims SuperStar.

To do devastation with the plextor premium, read at 4X, check extract subcodes, when you write (i did max) check autoplay and leave enhance weak sectors unchecked, this has worked for me on Devastation and Sims SuperStar.

I had tried that.
Plus, I can mount the image of SuperStar that does not have subcodes in Alcohol, and the game will launch fine. I’ve got a good image, this Premium TLA 0000 fw 1.03 (and others like giovanni) just won’t burn it 100% ‘correctly’ so it will work 100%.

@kamikazee:

yes you are right, sorry i forgot about the ATIP hidding through Autoplay.

this Premium TLA 0000 fw 1.03 (and others like giovanni) just won’t burn it 100% ‘correctly’ so it will work 100%.

I don’t understand then, maybe it isn’t the burner, maybe there is another similarity, between you guys, mine is a TLA 0000 and so far I have had no problems with it.

I don’t understand then, maybe it isn’t the burner, maybe there is another similarity, between you guys, mine is a TLA 0000 and so far I have had no problems with it.

That is what has me baffled as well.
I’ve tried with what I know to be correct, and everyone elses suggestions. No luck… Copies play in some of the drives I put them in, and not in others. I don’t even load PlexTools on startup, no options have been changed either.

I’m seriously considering sending the Premium back for a refund. Giovanni has a Memorex 52/24/52 drive that will burn SafeDisc 2.9 and the copies will work in all of his drives while the Premium copies will not. So, can’t really be the PC config. The Memorex produces 100% working copies while the Premium won’t in the same PC.

Some quick PC specs:
Abit BH7 P4 - 2.53, 1 GB DDR333
(2) 40 GB ATA100 HDs
XP SP1 (dual boot to 98SE, same results)
Clone CD is not installed
Only BlindWrite and Alcohol

Mine is tla 0000 and may 2003; the backups on cd-rw works in all my devices about 12 including toshibas dvd and lg cd-rom.
However the backups on cdr only works in my plexi devices,
ultraplex 40x and 32x, plex 8/20 and 8/2/20, 12/10/32S and Premium.
So, something is wrong if you say that this cd-recorder is capaple of writing sd2.90. I am not saying that you are not telling the true about your good results; may be something is wrong in my O.S
I am working on WinXP, may be I try Win98SE

best regards

I am working on WinXP, may be I try Win98SE

I have used both with great success, but Blindwrite is the only burning software installed.

hmmm wierd problems.
my Plex Premium is TLA 0000 and i haven’t had any problems making a backup of SafeDisc 2.9
Blindwrite 4.5.3 makes a perfect backup that runs in everything i’ve tested.
also made a backup with CloneCD 3.3.4.1 and it works perfect too.

Did you try to burn your BlindRead image with BlindWrite and with the Alcohol 120% option “ignore media type” unchecked?Leaving this option on,can mess up burning tasks of other cdrsoftware,for example,RecordNowMax reported errors when this option was checked for Alcohol 120%