Plextor Premium question

Has anyone already tested a safedisc 2.9 back up with the new Plextor Premium? (also the question of Doodlebug and right2copy)

Regards,
Veni vidi vici

I read on another forum that a Backup of the sims superstar made with this burner and Alcohol 120% latest version and efm disabled failed.

If this was confirmed Plextor would be very unlucky:-(

I hpe someone could deny this fact.

Greetings.

Ps: the thread didn’t say that the guy was trying to play the backup from the burner or from another reader but since Ignore media type (If I don’t wrong) is checked by default, probably there will be some problems:(

Do you happen to have a link to the thread in question??

Cheers
Andy

Here it is:

http://clone.cd/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2987

Greetings.

Originally posted by maximino72
… but since Ignore media type (If I don’t wrong) is checked by default, probably there will be some problems:(

I thing maximino72 is right with the Ignore media type, because I have read that in safedisc 2.9 that function is blacklisted and not Alcohol or Clonecd.

Maybe the guy from that thread will answer in a few days.

I think there has been a misunderestanding: since the blacklist has been fixed in latest Alcohol version it may be that the Plextor has again some problems with Safedisc 2.9 even if I hope someone could deny this fact.

Greetings.

Originally posted by XXX-Gr

Plextor Premium (firmware 1.01)+Blindwrite(any version after 4.4b)=100% success when it comes to Safe Disc 2.90.040 (NO EWS OF COURSE!):slight_smile: :slight_smile: :cool:

Here is the final answer posted by XXX-Gr.

I hope he is right, but to se sure, the game should be tested on a pc without blindwrite installed, if autoplay is checked BW is emulating the copy protection.

Greetings.

Originally posted by XXX-Gr
Autoplay was of in all the cases(since EWS was not enabled the presence of autoplay will not enable any kind of emulation in this particular case)The different devices used as readers are installed on different computer systems.Only the one with the Premium has Blindwrite installed and noone of the rest has autoplay installed!
I don’t know about Alcohol 120% (not my cup of tea i am afraid) but don’t hurry to blame Premium because Clone CD+Premium=100% failure when it comes to Safe Disc 2.90.040 (and 2.80 is problematic also).The trick has to do with the quality of the exctracted image and the pre-gap issue!

So autoplay is turned off. I guess Plextor has finally made a good product that can deal with more difficult protections.

:bow: All hail to Plextor :bow: