Plextor Premium 2 NEW!

vbimport

:bow: :iagree:

Just arrived today :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations. :clap:

Just out of curiosity, what is the date and country of manufacture?

[QUOTE=Ibex;2772055]Congratulations. :clap:

Just out of curiosity, what is the date and country of manufacture?[/QUOTE]

Just insert the burner into a external Case. If i find the time i open again.

Build in Japan

I found the burner in a Russia DVD Store.

Don`t ask for the Price :sad:

Date 2003

TLA#302 or 303

Greetz Kirby…

[QUOTE=Kirby;2772063]Just insert the burner into a external Case. If i find the time i open again.

Build in Japan

I found the burner in a Russia DVD Store.

Don`t ask for the Price :sad:

Date 2003

TLA#302 or 303

Greetz Kirby…[/QUOTE]
Finding enclosures which work successfully with Plextor drives is not easy. Spent years unsuccessfully trying to find one which works with my PX-716A.

Every disc was failing verification. Thought it was a faulty drive, turned out to be the enclosures. (Make sure you check your drive/enclosure combination.)

One of my enclosures with an ALI USB2 bridge chip sort of works, so long as I don’t use Nero. But the only one which works properly is the Plextor enclosure from my PX-755UF. :sad:

Hope you paid less than the £139 someone is asking for a Plextor Premium on Ebay UK at the moment. (Not surprisingly it’s unsold.)

[QUOTE=Ibex;2772073]Finding enclosures which work successfully with Plextor drives is not easy. Spent years unsuccessfully trying to find one which works with my PX-716A.

Every disc was failing verification. Thought it was a faulty drive, turned out to be the enclosures. (Make sure you check your drive/enclosure combination.)

One of my enclosures with an ALI USB2 bridge chip sort of works, so long as I don’t use Nero. But the only one which works properly is the Plextor enclosure from my PX-755UF. :sad:

Hope you paid less than the £139 someone is asking for a Plextor Premium on Ebay UK at the moment. (Not surprisingly it’s unsold.)[/QUOTE]

Hello Ibex…

I paid around 80€ less then the Premium on Ebay. It`s is a Premium 1.
I always wanted a Premium 2, because of the Special Audio Recording at 4x. AMQR?

I have my Burners in “Astech” Enclosures.
My Benq 1640(Philips 8701), Benq 1650(Philips 8801), Samsung SH-S 182D, Plextor 716A, Plextor 760A & Pioneer DVR216 are in these Enclosures. Now the Premium 2 too.
I had the same Problems, but i changed the USB 2.0-Cables too High-End, now the Burners working great.

In my old DELL(Optiplex 330 with 4 GB and Intenso SSD 128GB) is a LiteON 112, and in the other PC is a Pioneer EBK 209, and the External
Plextor 950B UE

My Benq 1650(BCFC) burns the best Quality atm., my Plextors and my Benq 1640 can`t write the Verbatim CD-R fine. I think iam gonna sell the 716A and the 760A.

So now i use the Benq`s for CD and DVD Scans, the Plextor 950B UE for BluRay Scans.

The Plextor 950B UE don`t work with Optidrive Control. The Software hangs. So i use the Plextor Utilities.

So, enough for today.
Greetz Kirby

Personally, I think the Premium 1 is a [U]much[/U] more desirable drive than the Premium 2. :iagree:

The Premium 1 seems to be a significantly better writer at higher speeds. And can be used with whichever scanning software you like (Opti Drive Control, QPXTool, PXScan). With ODC & QPXTool your Plextor can report all CD errors, just like a Benq.

Plextor introduced ‘Protected Commands’ into the firmware of their later drives (PX-755, PX-760 & Premium 2) specifically prevent you scanning with anything other than PlexTools. Hacked ‘Free Your Plextor’ firmware was released for the PX-755/760, but not the Premium 2.

All AMQR recording does is increase the pit/land length. The Premium 1 (& the ‘real’ Plextor DVD writers) can achieve exactly the same effect using GigaRec, by setting the value to <1.

Unless someone offers to pay you a ridiculously large amount of money (or you accept my offer £20 for the pair ;)), hang on to your PX-716 & 760. They’re great drives!

Regarding your PX-950, have you tried this?

http://club.myce.com/f61/workaround-ihbs112-04-opti-drive-control-quality-scan-problem-325102/

Congratulations on your find!! Happy day indeed!!

The Premium 2 is probably my favorite drive out there. As Ibex mention, it is rather annoying that the last few Plextor drives have locked commands, but since I like using Plextools anyway, I don’t find it that much of a hassle. I also found that I get slightly better rip capacity and burn qualities with my Premium 2 vs my Premium 1 (note I don’t usually burn anything over 24X though), but that might also be down to natural aging of the drives (my Premium 1 is manufactured in 2003 vs 2007 for my Premium 2).

Regarding burning, I have not had the best of luck with Verbatim CD-R recently. Burning a Nero test disc with my Premium 2, I usually get BLER values around 10. Burning the same test disc with Taiyo Yuden CD-R, however, and the BLER value drops to around 0.4.

Here is to hoping your new drive lasts you a long time! Both my Premium 2 and my Premium 1 have over 1,000 discs on them now.

[QUOTE=SpotOn;2772297]Congratulations on your find!! Happy day indeed!!

The Premium 2 is probably my favorite drive out there. As Ibex mention, it is rather annoying that the last few Plextor drives have locked commands, but since I like using Plextools anyway, I don’t find it that much of a hassle. I also found that I get slightly better rip capacity and burn qualities with my Premium 2 vs my Premium 1 (note I don’t usually burn anything over 24X though), but that might also be down to natural aging of the drives (my Premium 1 is manufactured in 2003 vs 2007 for my Premium 2).

Regarding burning, I have not had the best of luck with Verbatim CD-R recently. Burning a Nero test disc with my Premium 2, I usually get BLER values around 10. Burning the same test disc with Taiyo Yuden CD-R, however, and the BLER value drops to around 0.4.

Here is to hoping your new drive lasts you a long time! Both my Premium 2 and my Premium 1 have over 1,000 discs on them now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for all the replys.
I make a Photo of the Drive soon and give the Result of my first burns.

Greets Kirby

hey there Kirby, can you please share with us your OS, burning software and the exactly type of enclosure for Premium 2 please? everything is working fine ? Thanks