Plextor Manager 2000 vrs. Plextools

I have Plextor Manager 2000 on my disk from Plextor and I keep hearing about Plextools and its latest version 1.13. Is it worth it to install this? I also have plextools 1.03 to start off with.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain the dfference between these two programs; Plextools and Plextor Manager 2000 more than the fact that they are different programs and that plextools was released in Europe and Japan and not USA; more as to function. I have a lot of software of all types for copying, burning, ripping (Nero, Feurio, CDRWIN, EZCD, EAC, Audiograbber, NTI, CloneCD, Fireburner, Blindwrite, CD Mate plus a few more that I can’t recall off the top) and would like to know if I should try Plextools as I didn’t use Plextor Manager 2000 much at all and it is not installed at present. :confused:

does

LiteOn Forum
mean anything to you?
There is a PLEx. forum u know…perhaps a moderator can move the post:D

done :wink:

Sorry, somehow I thought I was in the Plextor Forum. I guess all that searching in Plextor forum for the answer and then getting involved with something else and going back to this caused me to leave my brains on hold. I am glad I am now in the right place.

Of course, the problem now is that maybe no one will find and answer my original question about the difference between Plextools and Plextor Manager 2000. I hope however that some kind hearted forum member will find this question and clear up the issue for me.:confused:

Just load it and find out for yourself. :cool:

I could always have done that. I could load plextools up and then I could clean up after it when I did if I didn’t like it. In fact I could restore my system exactly using Drive Image and it probably would only take me 45 minutes but I posted here hoping someone could give me some information that might help me avoid that.:mad:

There is nothing to clean up. Just uninstall it if you don’t like it.

Why should someone waste their time when you are not willing to make an effort? :mad:

You must know that when you install software and then uninstall it, there are often pieces left there, not always but often. These pieces eventually have a negative effect. So I usually just restore an older version of my drive to avoid that. I really should not even bother with this as it seems to me that you are simply pushing this issue when all I wanted was some advice which you do not care to give in the manner that I would like.

So, listen, I am done with this. You win, I am lazy and I just asked a question to avoid doing what I should have done. I withdraw it and ask this to end. Of course, if you want to put in one more comment that is expected. I have learned my lesson.
:cool:

You are correct. It seemed to me that you wanted someone to spend their time on a detailed analysis, which takes time and effort. I don’t mind helping someone that has already made an effort, but if someone is just being lazy it is an insult to expect someone to do their work for them. After all, this is just a utility, not an operating system. :slight_smile:

In any event, if you had just read the CD Freaks main page, you could have read a review of PlexTools 1.12 and information on the update to PlexTools 1.13. :cool:

These two articles should give you enough information to make this important decision. :wink:

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]There is nothing to clean up. Just uninstall it if you don’t like it.

Why should someone waste their time when you are not willing to make an effort? :mad: [/B]

In the US we got crappy plexmgr and it has fubar’d many a Win2K installation. Plexmgr is crapy software that isn’t maintained, left over from the win95 days.
He was just try to save himself some greef, lighten up :slight_smile:
thanks,
eric

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]There is nothing to clean up. Just uninstall it if you don’t like it.

Why should someone waste their time when you are not willing to make an effort? :mad: [/B]

Having an off-day Inertia?

I can imagine you don’t like the fact that people don’t put in any effort of their own, in most cases when people do not use the search because it is an often asked question they want an answer to. But this is not a question that gets asked often (can’t remember it being asked before).

Furthermore, I can very well understand that someone would like to know the difference between 2 programs of the same manufacturer. I personally would not install any software to see what it does and possibly mess up my whole system install (yes it is possible, I have had it with a little program for my Philips monitor, after that it would not run Photoshop, which I needed really bad at that time).

To get back on-topic…can’t help you there sorry. I personally am content with Plextools, but don’t use it very often.

Originally posted by Smart@$$
[B]

To get back on-topic…can’t help you there sorry. I personally am content with Plextools, but don’t use it very often. [/B]

Plextools is:

-Only for Plextor drives, (only basic functions for other brand cd players, not writing, so you can write to a "plex"image or .iso and write this image with another brand writer)
-control all the drive’s settings (atip hide also for PX W-4012A plexwriter)
-“1st session only” option for a certain protection scheme:cool:
-can’t create data sessions,(yet) or (s)vcd images,
-but can encode/decode mp3 files (in 1.13 version)

plextool are fully compatible with2K and XP?
thanks
eric

Thanks guys, that was helpful. I forgive Inertia his bad day. He probably needs a vacation. Luckily, I can roll with this stuff as it is not the real world.

Plextools seems like a good thing to hang on to. :cool:

Originally posted by RottenMutt
plextool are fully compatible with2K and XP?
thanks
eric

No problems with any Microsoft OS,
Only one i guess… Windows 3.11< you can’t run it on this one;)

I had been using Plex Manager 2000 with WinMe and enoyed it…All my copies came out fine and I liked the interface(windows?)…

I did the Audio Capture for selected tracks and the discdupe for full cd imaging…I still have it on my friends 2 year old computer and it’s still in use…Plextor did quit supporting it, no updates and stuff, but I don’t see why it’s dissed…other than it not working in XP…which DID urk me as I have XP in my new computer…so I use Plextools…Love it…

Are there reasons Plex Man. 2000 is disliked by any of you? Other than it’s incompatibility with XP?..

It’s error correction utility is a bar that goes from 0-100% which seems like the plextools 5 setting variable in just a different style…maybe not as versatile…

This is an old thread I dug up cause I wondered about this myself…:wink:

Originally posted by joelmon

This is an old thread I dug up cause I wondered about this myself…:wink:
Yeah, it’s kinda weird to see this thread again. Really !
And the funniest thing ( that’s why I’m posting it here ) is that
KenL’s Plextor Manager 2000 CD has eventually become mine .
So, it happened that it’s my disc that is mentioned here :smiley:
Anyway, I didn’t even try to install it, simply because I liked PlexTools very much :wink: