Plextor/Liteon, Yamaha/Liteon og Yamaha/plextor?

I want the best possible 2 way combination of CDRW.

My main objective is to get the best cd burner for audio and the best cd burner for games - from what I’ve read in this forum 2 combinations should be the best:

1. Plextor 48/24/48 for audio, Liteon 52/24/52 for games
  2. Yamaha CRW F1 for audio, Asus 52/24/52 for games

But what about:
1b. Yamaha CRW F1 for audio, Liteon 52/24/52 for games ?
2b. Plextor 48/24/48 for audio, Asus 52/24/52 for games ?

And would this combination only be perfect for audio:

1. Yamaha CRW F1 and Plextor 48/24/48 ?

PS I already own the Plextor PleXCombo 20/10/40-12A for DVD playback and as a spare CDRW drive.

the best combination fro your purposes is 1b !!!
yamaha is absolutely the best for burning audio cds.
liton is the best reguarding backup of protected cds.

p.s.: plextor is the best only for ripping of protected audio cds (especially later versions of key2audio).:bigsmile:

Nah, the best one is 2. Asus is IMO a better-built drive and has the same game-burning-capabilities as the Lite-On.

OK

But if the Plextor is best for audio rip - won’t my plexcombo DVD/CDR drive rip audio just as well as i.e. the plextor 48/24/48 drive ?

Then if I keep the Plextor Plexcombo drive and buy the Yamaha CRW F1 and the Liteon 52/24/52 drive I should have the best possible combination of great audio ripper, great game copy drive and great audio burner or maybe the Plextor Plexcombo DVD/CDR drive doesn’t rip audio as well as the plextor 52/24/52 drive ?

Please inlighten me on this subject !

Is ASUS cdr drive really better built quality than the Liteon drive - this surprises me as I thought that Liteon drives was made the same place as Plextor drives - but with cheaper parts ?

Which drive is the loudest ASUS 52/24 or Liteon 52/24 ?

the plextor burner is better than plextor dvd reader.
however, also liteon is very good in ripping protected audio cds bu some protections it has difficulties.

liteon is the best for protected cds (data), asus is shit! :frowning:

Originally posted by The Joker
[B]the plextor burner is better than plextor dvd reader.
however, also liteon is very good in ripping protected audio cds bu some protections it has difficulties.

liteon is the best for protected cds (data), asus is shit! :frowning: [/B]

This is strange - is the plextor 48/24/48 better for ripping cds than the Plextor plexcombo ?

Maybe I’ll just wait for the Plextor SCSI burner to come out - it should arrive within the next couple of months.

it’s not strange. it’s normal that a burner is better than a reader reguarding audio ripping. and if you look on plextor forum (or if you search for audio protected cds - especially key2audio- you’ll understand why).

it’s not strange. it’s normal that a burner is better than a reader reguarding audio ripping. and if you look on plextor forum (or if you search for audio protected cds - especially key2audio- you’ll understand why).

But the plexcombo IS also a burner ?:confused:

I just bought the Yamaha F1 - with the scsi connector and will also purchase the upcoming Plextor SCSI drive - so I’m back in the SCSI gang :smiley:

But I intend to keep my plexcombo for dvd and as an extra burner - maybe I’ll also buy the Liteon if it is that much better for ripping game cd’s - it’s quite cheap - (60-70$ for the 52/24/52 version)

Hopefully this would make it possible to burn 2 cdr simultaneously :cool:

[B]the plextor burner is better than plextor dvd reader.

liteon is the best for protected cds (data), asus is shit! :frowning: [/B]

and the reasons are…

bit pointless to shout that the asus drive sucks without saying why.