Plextor before and after

Hi!
I have plextror 48x24x48A(1.04 firmware) .one week before i have upgrade my pc(details down).My problem is before the upgration i could read and write with the max speed.
Now i read and write with 16 until 19 speed.
In both cases i use easy cd&dvd creator 6.:confused:

DMA is probably not enabled for your recorder or it’s not working properly. You can use Nero CD Speed to check your DMA settings or you can check it via your Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager, IDE/ATA ATAPI controllers. Check which more your Plextor drive is running in. It should be UDMA mode 2. Please report back when you need more help. Also check out the FAQ for additional information!

How do I find the DMA status in my Device Manager (XP Pro).

Can’t seem to find it anymore!

My secondary IDE channel (channel with my CD and DVD drives on) gives me ‘General’, ‘Driver’ and ‘Resources Tab’.

My CD driver gives me General/Properties/Volumes/Driver tabs and my dvd combo drive gives me General/Properties/DVD region/Volumes/Driver tabs.

Pentium 4/2.8, Gigabyte 850E, etc.

Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, click Device Manager, click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, select the correct IDE-channel your drive is attached to, doubleclick on it and go to the Advanced Settings tab. There you can view the DMA modes. If not, then have you installed the Intel Application Accelerator? I believe this application can prevent you from viewing DMA properties (not entirely sure here though).

Thankx gay’s.The tranfer made was PIO made.

I’ve installed the Intel Application Accelerator…

I don’t get to see the ‘advanced settings’ tab so that’s probably why, I guess?

Does this mean that my drives will be in their optimal DMA state?

Thanks!

Originally posted by FriedSpam
[B]I’ve installed the Intel Application Accelerator…

I don’t get to see the ‘advanced settings’ tab so that’s probably why, I guess?

Does this mean that my drives will be in their optimal DMA state?

Thanks! [/B]

The You can change your transfer mode settings directly from the Intel Application Accelerator’s user interface, which is by default installed here: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\intelata.exe." By default the Intel Application Accelerator will set your devices at the highest transfer rate.

BTW, the Nero InfoTool incorrectly detects DMA settings when the IAA is installed. It will erroneously report that your slave drives have DMA turned off.

Dave

As already mentioned, when you use IAA the advanced tab is not visible, as the dma status of your drives is set by the IAA and not the OS and set at the maximum possible state. You can check whether dma is enabled in the Bios, as Nero Info Ôool will get you wrong readings as Dave has said already.

If you have problems with the speed of writing/reading and you suspect its because of the dma settings, and bios reports that dma is off regardless of what IAA states, i would advise you to uninstall IAA and set dma manually via the OS and see if things get better.