Plextor and Plextools issue

vbimport

Hi, I have Plexwriter 40/12/40A and using the latest Plextools (2.07). For some reason whenever I copy audio CD’s, at the end of the reading of the fourth source disc Plextools crashes with the following error, and the drive won’t eject until I restart the system:

The instruction at “ox00441101” reference memory at “0x07430000”. The memory could not be “read”.

For some reason this always happens on the 4th disc. Anyone know what could be going on? Strange that its always on the 4th source disc, no?

I do not have ASPI installed, nor do I know anything about ASPI. Running Windows 2000. Should I install ASPI on my system?

Here are my system specs:
-Pentium 4 2.6 GHZ Processor with 800 MHZ FSB
-Asus P4S800 Motherboard
-512MB PC3200 DDR Memory by Crucial (Micron) Technologies
-Maxtor 120GB ATA133 HardDrive
-eVGA GeForce FX 5200 Video Card
-400W Allied Power Supply
-Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with all latest updates/latest drivers/latest BIOS/system defragmented and clean running.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Just wanted to make a correction to the original problem:
The error no longer only occurs on the 4th disc, now it is occuring randomly, even on the first disc.

You don’t need to install ASPI since PlexTools has its own built-in ASPI manager. Your problem seems to me like you’re having problems with your memmory but I’m not a hardware expert. Do you only have problems when ripping audio discs or are there more weird errors on your system? You can try running Memtest from www.memtest86.com to check your RAM. I may be completely off here though…

Try running dependency walker; it’s included with the MS Windows 2000 Support Tools, but I believe you can download newer versions from the author’s web site (don’t know it offhand, so just use Google or follow a link from the program’s “about” screen or whatever). Pay particular attention to any warnings/errors that occur just prior to the crash.

Dave

Dave, how do I use this program, what am I supposed to do with this I mean, i’m not sure exactly what i’m supposed to do and look out for. please help, thanks