Plextor and Mount Rainier

vbimport

I know that Plextor is not the best about publishing a lot of information about their drives, but a recent press release about the USB version of the 40x12x40 Burner notes that is is Mount Rainier ready. Other then this USB drive, does anyone know for a fact if the other Plex drives will be Mount Rainier ready once it is fully supported in an OS.

Well Plextor is pretty detailed about their drives on their website (At least Plextor Europe is) so if the page on their website doesn’t state about Mount Rainier, I would give my best bet it doesn’t support it…

I asked Plextor T/S (USA) if they would or could support Mt. Rainier in existing drives via a firmware update. They answered by saying they were signed on with Mt. Rainier and then didn’t answer the question. They probably don’t want to get in HP’s position about firmware updates.

Originally posted by action
I know that Plextor is not the best about publishing a lot of information about their drives, but a recent press release about the USB version of the 40x12x40 Burner notes that is is Mount Rainier ready. Other then this USB drive, does anyone know for a fact if the other Plex drives will be Mount Rainier ready once it is fully supported in an OS.