Plextor 716a won't recognize blank cd

vbimport

My burner won’t recognize blank cds. It will, however, read and copy/burn blank dvds. I replace the burner recently from an older plextor because it wasn’t working. But now I wonder if it was just a software problem. I have burned a few cds since I got it but it isn’t consistent. It won’t recognize blank cds and the green light in front flashes in sets of 5.

[QUOTE=zazz81;2077411]My burner won’t recognize blank cds. It will, however, read and copy/burn blank dvds. I replace the burner recently from an older plextor because it wasn’t working. But now I wonder if it was just a software problem. I have burned a few cds since I got it but it isn’t consistent. It won’t recognize blank cds and the green light in front flashes in sets of 5.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the plextor site to see what the flashes indicates?? That would be a start to look at to diagnosis what might be the cause. What burning software do you have installed currently? What kinda blank media are you using and did you make sure they are of decent quality media?

I use cdrwin to burn my cdgs (karaoke cds) and real to usually burn the regular audio. Also the plextools I use to copy and burn dvds. I have tried both sony and memorex. I used to have absolutely no problems but I can’t figure out at what point the problems started.