Plextor 716A Problems (2x Amber Light Blinks)

vbimport

I’m having the same issue.

I was reading DVDs w/ DVDDecrypter, and using DVDShrink to back up my personal DVD collection. One day it just stopped working. I put a disk in the drive, and got the Amber Light Blinking.

Contacted Tech Support, they sent me a new drive. The drive was put in, and flashed to the latest firmware (from v1.04) and worked great for literally 2 days, and now it’s doing the same thing w/ not reading disks, and has an amber blinky light.

What’s the deal? Others having these problems?

-Chris

You could find something here
about the blinking codes! I had the problem sometimes, but after re-ejecting it works again fine. If it’s constantly i’d rma it again! :wink:

Yes I have the same problem for 6 months…

RMA RMA RMA is the solution and again RMA…

They should send you a new firmware drive like 1.07 (not like 1.04)

So I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but man, I thought Plextor was supposed to be one of the better Burner companies… After seeing all the issues with mine, and all the issues on MANY different forums, I guess that’s not the case.

-Chris

Firmware is easily upgraded so it doesn’t matter if they send you a drive with a lower version installed. CPaladino, I agree with the others, if your drive constantly has this problem, RMA it again until you get a drive that works as it should.

Firmware is easily upgraded so it doesn’t matter if they send you a drive with a lower version installed. CPaladino, I agree with the others, if your drive constantly has this problem, RMA it again until you get a drive that works as it should.

I just RMA’ed mine for “throwing” the bios, mine would do tho this a couple of times a week, I just re-flashed and everything was fine until the next time, finally got tired of it after it stopped my machine from booting properly. Hopefully i’ll get the replacement sooner than later.

The problem you’re describing kamikazee could just as well be the result of your BIOS not working properly. But, I hope for you that it’s indeed the drive and that the replacement will work better :smiley: