Plextor 716a Door Eject Problem?

vbimport

Hello,

Thanks for the great forum. I recently installed a 716a burner and have been very happy with it. Thanks for all the great tips that helped me to get it set up right.

I have read several posts on tray/door issues, (noisy, slows at end of eject, etc). I have noticed that when I eject a disc (either using the button, or through software) the drive makes some mechanical noise (before the tray moves), then there is a loud click, then the tray starts to eject. It almost seems like the tray is getting stuck on something as it starts to eject. The click is louder than I have heard on any other cd-drives, etc. I enabled silent mode and set the tray speed to the lowest setting and that seems to have lessend the noise. I also took the tray faceplate off, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. I checked the bezel, and it is installed correctly.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a pause/click when ejecting discs. I’m not sure if this is a problem, everything else about the drive is great.

Thanks, Eric