Plextor 716a blink codes

vbimport

I have a Plex 176a which will not look at DVD+RWs. It looks at them briefly then blinks 2 orange repeatedly until disc is ejected. I have tied verbatim, traxdata and philips all with the same result. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

No problem here.

did you update to firmware 1.06?

yes i upgraded to 1.6 from 1.5 just dose not seem to like +RWs e-mailed pex a week ago no reply yet. reads & writes everything else. xp+service pack one

mine wouldnt read -r or +r’s, email to plextor was quick and they issued me a rma, now just gotta wait

If the drive gives the blinks when you insert both stamped and recordable discs, it is a bad drive. Part of the drive initialization diagnostics. You can run the self test to confirm.

how do you do that?

THE DRIVE READS &WRITES ALL OTHER DISKS ITS ONLY THE +RWs IT DOSE NOT LIKE

You need the Jumper supplied with the Plextor. It’s written in the manual. Believe you need blank media as well to preform the self diagnostic. :slight_smile:

I’m on my second PX-716A. My first one (TLA#0202, v1.05) stopped reading any recorded media, although it still recorded fine. I sent it back to Plextor and while aiting for the replacement I recorded a bunch of -Rs (Fuji branded ProdiscF01) with a NEC ND-6500A in my laptop. They all play well on my Sony DW-D22A and home DVD players.

The replacement (TLA#0304, v1.06) PX-716A cannot read any of these -R discs. The drive seems to burn and play discs it records fine, but just won’t play these -R. What’s up with that?

Give Up With Mine Going Back To Plex

Since it is only RW’s, what are the brands and speeds of the RW discs? Only on one brand or on all tested?

I HAVE TRIDE -VERBATIM-PHILPS-TRAXDATA ALL 4x +INFINITI-DATAWRITE-RITEK

Are they branded as Normal Speed? Old 4x discs won’t work in the multi-speed drives.

THE PHILIPS&VERBATIM ARE ALL 4x CERTIFIED
PHILIPS PART No DVDRWISO4/200
VERBATIM “”"43488

Sorry, thinking of CD-RW. Update to the latest firmware (1.06). Supposedly fixed a write problem with RW discs. Could have some fix for reading too. If it still does not initialize the RW discs, RMA. Blink codes on disc insertion are initialization diagnostics and a sign of a bad drive.

Thanks For Help It"s Gone Back To Plex