Plextor 716-A cannot backup Playstation 2 games?

I use DVD Decrpyter to burn the images that I made and the games fail to work. Yet with this method, it worked on my old Pioneer A-06 burner. What’s going on here? Is the Plextor 716-A not capable of backing up playstation 2 games?

I’ve been doing it with my px-716a since i got the drive and never had a bad burn. Are you doing it right. mode–>read–>iso. After its done ripping go to mode–>write–>iso and pick the mds for the game and set speed to 4x or slower for best results

Yea, I just load up the image and then select the .iso and burn it. The media that I’m using is 4x TY DVD-R and burned under 4x. It worked perfectly under my Pioneer A06. Yet, I can’t seem to duplicate the success that I had with my old burner.

Do you try another tool for backup?

You don’t need to. DVDdecrypter is good enough for backing up PS2 DVDs and when you want to backup a PS2 CD I never had a problem using burnatonce 0.99.5. Same steps with it. Read CD with RAW enabled to ISO and then just write the ISO back to a CD-R using RAW mode also. Easy

I agree with you Esoteric.
But he could use an alternative to check the situation!

go buy the game and stop being pirates!

That’s ok!
Maybe it’s his own original product!

grow up

real mature on your part for someone stating an opinion wow… what kind of education you have?

i’m sorry if ytour against people who actually work for a living and deserve a piece of the pie… you think these companies would contenue making software (games included) if everyone pirates them?

why don’t you get a reality check it’s obvious your still a kid with no morals

with that note… shouldn’t you be in school?

PhD

just because you brought that up, what ppl deserve is a whole philosophical question. Children in africa deserve food, water and HIV medication. Sure, but who cares about them…Glory to the software developers. Glory to pham companies patents 4 anti-HIV medication

To the point now, I think companies manage to do gr8, with pirates in the game. I am not pro-piracy, I just dont want to see my $ going to britney’s new porsche, bill’s new i-can-fill-10.000 ppl-in-it house, sony’s >1 mil $ useless copywrite “protection”.

What is obvious, depends gr8tly on how you look at it…

cheers

first of all you have no idea where money goes to, secondly learn how to spell.

the development costs to make a program all depend on the income it was projected to generate. if it can’t meet a quota it is scraped. Music industry get 2% from the sales, software programmers 4%, as you can see the income is very low when you split that 500 or more ways (everyone working on the project)
if these people saved for that jag good for them. Why should you pirate things and take food out of someones mouth who earned that money. Would you like it if i told you i wanted your home so i just decided your homeless now. Seriously get a reality check.

and btw i am a programmer and i am flabbergasted by your comments / views. you want the software cheaper complain to the goverment who need to tax everything. (which should be lower considering you pay taxes 3 times)

As i said, obvious depends on how u see things. you will complain to make soft cheeper. Not me. I’m the end consumer, you will make it cheaper 4 me. If pirates take your food from your mouth, goverment/laws doesn’t let you swallow it. If you are willing to accept to earn a pathetic 4% for the calories your brain burns, you will find it much easier to accept the 0%. If you make cd’s, soft, games cheeper I will buy them. Dont blame piracy for the laws that reward you a 4% of your work. Someone takes the 96% and i dont think it gets split up in 500 ways (and most certainly not equal ways).

lafa your views are misguided and what if i decided you should be paid 50% less because i don’t want you to earn as much as you do now. Plus less money you make the more money stays in my pocket :). Or maybe we should go around steeling since as you said its right to pirate since it’s so expensive well i think 10 dollars is too much for a car so lets steal one. I hope you grow out of that mentality… nothing you say will justify you stealing.

What you dont see is that its not me that decided you wont make money. You blame piracy from getting your 4% earn to 0%. You should probable be more concerned on who decided you’ll make make 4% of your 100% brainpower and 110% sweat and stress and triple tax this on top.

I wish some kids in africa could steal some water.

and btw do you know that with 10$ you could same l i v e s ?

I think that would be…you are or you’re. Some examples:

Your screen name says it all. You’re a drag.

Okaay… getting a bit off-topic…

Let us just assume he is exercising his fair-use rights and taking a backup of the disc because he doesn’t want the original damaged (Since even the token disc replacement schemes publishers used to have doesn’t appear to be in place anymore…).

What firmware and media are you using to do the burn?
Also, does your drive have the vibration problem?

it’s actually out of something from the military

and for the other post it’s futile to argue with a kid… as you were hinting at brain power can be used at something more productive.

hope you grow up - best of luck

no hard feelings…
hope you make a lot of money.

Apparently you’re stupid and illiterate. Read my first post again. I said “I MADE THE IMAGES”. I hate newbies like you making unsubstantiated statements like that.