Plextor 708A: Write to DVD-R & CD-R but doesn't read it

It won’t recognize any of the burned discs.

The funny thing is that my Toshiba DVD drive can read both (DVD-R & CD-R) that the Plextor just burned. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Send an e-mail to Plextor support.

Read the FAQ? Try running the self-diagnostics test, check DMA settings, upgrade your firmware, etc. and report back with your findings.

i had the same problem until i unistalled the plextor prof tools…

(with princo dvd-r 4x)

It started working. I have no clue why. :confused:

i have burned 4 dvd princo (which i bougtht for 0,69 each) and only from the one of them i can open the files , from the other i can only see the names of the files and when i gone to open them the explorer window “crashed”… is it maybe because they are big file , over 500MB ?

at the kprobe i take a error: “052400 INVALID field in cdb”… are the princo the problem or the plextor? I run windows 2003…

Originally posted by MoUCLAs
[B]i have burned 4 dvd princo (which i bougtht for 0,69 each) and only from the one of them i can open the files , from the other i can only see the names of the files and when i gone to open them the explorer window “crashed”… is it maybe because they are big file , over 500MB ?

at the kprobe i take a error: “052400 INVALID field in cdb”… are the princo the problem or the plextor? I run windows 2003… [/B]

Princo media is known to be of very questionable quality.

And furthermore, the Plextor drive in particular likes only high quality media.

ok , thanks… i have seen it with my eyes , i have burned a taiyo yuden yesterday succesfully , but in 40 min… the file was setup from programs… is it normally?

No not really. What was the certified write speed of the disc you used? A 4x disc should be written in around 15 minutes, a 2.4x disc in around 22 minutes. Check if DMA is enabled for your drive, check if there are no software conflicts. Is your system fast enough to handle DVD burning at 4x and higher speeds? These things could all cause the DVD burning process to take longer than usual. Also read through the FAQ and some of the thread in the Plextor Forum (use the Search Function). Please report back if you need more help!