Plextor 708a rip speed sloooow

Maybe I spoke to soon. I ran DVD Decrypter on Saving Private Ryan and it just flew (10x) but when I ran Shrink, it crawled, maybe 2.5x max, and this was on both the Plextor and Toshiba.

So the next thing I tried was ripping the movie with Decrypter and then use Shrink to see if that made a difference and it didn’t. In other words, when I was re-authoring the movie with Shrink from the hard drive, it was still very slow so I’m basically confused now.

Do some movies just rip slow or is it DVD Shrink that may or may not rip fast?

Trajan are you using the deep analysis feature in DVDSHRINK when you reauthored? Because deep analysis function makes the process go very slow. I would suggest you just use DVDSHRINK to reauthor and don’t use the deep analysis function and uncheck the enable view video. I personally don’t see the big difference in video quality by using the deep analysis function. I don’t think the problem you’re having is from the PLEXTOR or TOSHIBA drive.:slight_smile:

PLEXTOR 708A
PLEXTOR 40X12X40 CD BURNER
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CD BURNER
TOSHIBA 1612 DVD-ROM (2)
TOSHIBA 1712 DVD-ROM (1)

Hey Addict,

Yes I know that deep analysis takes awhile. I have been experimenting w/o using it to determine what is going on.

DVD shrink is just slow on my W2K computer and I agree with you that it isn’t my Plextor or Toshiba drive.

I’m not sure what to try next.

What version of DVDSHRINK are you using? There is a new version out that has NERO burn built in. Perhaps you can try out the newest version or try DVD2ONE. I haven’t had time to test it out the latest DVDSHRINK yet.

You may want to post your questions at dvdrhelp.com. They have a great forum there.:slight_smile:

I’m using 3.1.4 which is the latest version of Shrink. I love the program. Does DVD2one allow re-authoring?

In using DVD2ONE you can choose “MOVIE ONLY” or “FULL DISC”.

Here is a link to read about the program DVD2ONE.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools?tool=58#comments