Plextor 708 and DVD+RW

vbimport

Hey !
I just got the Plextor and throught no problems, but with 4 different DVD+RW medias the drive cant see them at all.(Verbatim, Fujifilm 2x Corporate Express)
The first time I could write on the Verbatim and Fuji but my DVD or the Plextor could not read them and errase them is imposible. If the drive see them after serveral minuts i got errors in the errase process. Focus and tracking errors or hardware error nr 40901. I use firmware 1,04 flashback from 1.06 and Nero 6.302 and Plextool 2.11.The drive is master on IDE 2 with DMA on. I have made 1 god DVD+R and 6 CDR. Is the Plextor fucked up ? or does anyone had a good advise ? I have made a selftest on the drive and it pass. Is it a RMA ?

Brunsholt :frowning:

Try using the latest version of NERO BURN. If the drive pass the self test then maybe you should contact Plextor tech support. Can you post the MEDIA codes from those DVD+RW discs? Use dvdinfo pro to get media codes.

The Plextor could not see the media but my Pioneer DVD 106 could and the Fuji is : RICOJPN W11
Verbatim : DVDINFO can not regonize but Verbatim nr 43154 should be compatible with the Plextor.
And the no name is : SENTINEL WO1

brunsholt

Hi!

This is strange. The RICOJPN W11 work perfectly on my 708A. I used them with FW 1.04 and 1.06. No problems.

Verbatim : DVDINFO can not regonize but Verbatim nr 43154 should be compatible with the Plextor. And the no name is : SENTINEL WO1

Just because the brand is Verbatim it could be manufactured by another company. I would suggest try using FUJI DVD+RW 2.4x speed and see if that works. The media code you posted “sentinal” I never heard of that brand name before. Check this site for media codes and manufacturers.

I somehow get the idea that it is not a hardware issue here. If you are burning with Nero Burning Rom, then even the DVD+RW disc will not function as a discette. For that, you would be needing a packet writing software programme (like InCD for example). Otherwise, you are only able to erase the whole disc and not parts of it.