Plextor 708-A - Can't burn data DVD

Ok, I am having a strange problem burning with my new Plextor 708-A. System Specs

P4-2ghz
1GB Ram
80GB Hard Drive (20GB free)
Plextor 708A Secondary Master - Firmware is the latest and greatest 1.04
Toshiba DVDRom Secondary Slave

I am trying to burn with Nero 6.3.0.0. I am burning with Memorex DVD+R media that is labeled at 4x. I did a burn of 4GB of data on the first disc (just pictures and such) and it said the burn process completed at 8x. I popped that disc in my Toshiba DVDRom drive and it didn’t see anything. The drive light just stayed solid on like it was having a problem reading it. If I tried to look at the drive, it said “Please insert a disc in drive D:” error.

Dumbfounded, I tried another burn with different material and this one didn’t work either.

I then got to thinking that it could POSSIBLY be the speed. I could force it to 4x. Your thoughts on this matter or helpful hints would be great. Thanks!

Hi,

what Toshiba do you have?

Without cracked Firmware older Toshibas can’t read DVD+R/RW.

Cu P.

I thought that might be the problem and sure enough, I ran the Nero Info tool and my Toshiba DVD drive doesn’t support DVD+R or RW. Sorry about that. :frowning:

The disc is good cause it plays in the DVD Burner without a hitch. :slight_smile: