Plextor 48X24A Safedisk 2 ready?

vbimport

Hello All…

I just purchased a new Plextor 48X24A cdwr drive and am not able to burn bin/cue images that have safedisk 2.x protection…

Was using Nero (latest version) and kept getting the CRC errors on the install…even though the cd burned fine. I then tried Alcohol with the safedisk 2 settings and the disk burned, then installed farther than with using Nero, but still had a CRC error and then aborted the install.

Does anyone have a preferred method / software / settings to be able to read these image files? I can only assume that this drive is so new that it should be able to do this… I looked up on the Clone CD website and it said that it is…So I am stumped.

…any help would be appreciated.

Thanks…

SD2 can’t be read by Nero. Try Alcohol 120% to copy it. Remember to enable Bypass EFM Error as your drive is a 1 Sheep Burner.

Thanks for the info…

I did try Alcohol for the burning with the error setting enabled…The cd did burn and the install went farther than with using Nero…but I still did get a crc error about halfway through the install…

Should I burn at a lower speed to correct the error problem?
…or are there additional settings in Alcohol that I should use?

I spent about 5 hours last night combing these boards searching for answers.

Thanks again…

Originally posted by chefJ
Should I burn at a lower speed to correct the error problem?
…or are there additional settings in Alcohol that I should use?

Yes you could try lowering the burn speed.
However, the issue seems to be the image format you used.
Create the image using the Safedisc 2 datatype in Alcohol’s MDS/MDF format.
Then run the image in the virtual drive to see if the image is good.
If it is, proceed to the burn using the default safedisc 2 datatype.
If you get CRC errors again, then you will know that your drive is incapable of copying the disc.