Plextor 48x

Anyone got hands on the latest 48x plextor ???

It hasn’t been released yet so I doubt it :wink:

Any particular date been mentioned for it’s release?

Originally posted by Ralf Hutter
Any particular date been mentioned for it’s release?

Next month or in October. Just hope its not like the F-1 let down was.:Z

According to the press release it should be available in September

Early September for beige model, late September for black SE model :wink:

All Asia/Ociania drives made in Japan :smiley:

I have the Plex 48/24/48 retail in pre order, According to plextor reseller database it wil be released in Europe on september 9 2002. but the have already puched forward on the releasedate two times. Firts it would be released on august 31, and then it was shifted to september 3, and as of now it wil be september 9. :confused:

Got mine yesterday.

Originally posted by Zoloft
I have the Plex 48/24/48 retail in pre order, According to plextor reseller database it wil be released in Europe on september 9 2002. but the have already puched forward on the releasedate two times. Firts it would be released on august 31, and then it was shifted to september 3, and as of now it wil be september 9. :confused:

im anxious to see if it can do SD 2.51+ without Clone CD’s AWS…

I don’t think I can help you out with this. I don’t have any SD discs, to my knowledge.

Originally posted by matt69x
im anxious to see if it can do SD 2.51+ without Clone CD’s AWS…

Still waiting over here in Europe, it’s shifted forward again to sept. 17th. I am thinking of buying an other brand if it get shifted again on the 17th. I hate these games from the big companies.
:frowning:

Don’t get down, Zoloft (ha, ha couldn’t resist it.) That’s a little surprising since it was announced so much earlier on the European site than on the American site. Keep the faith. It’s a terrific drive and nobody really supports it at max speed yet anyway. Verbatim just announced 48X CDR media but I’ve yet to see any CDRW media even close to 24X. Nero burns at 4X, the minimum burn speed and the Roxio software supplied with the American version hovers around 30X with Memorex media that is alledgedly 48X.

Originally posted by Zoloft
Still waiting over here in Europe, it’s shifted forward again to sept. 17th. I am thinking of buying an other brand if it get shifted again on the 17th. I hate these games from the big companies.
:frowning:

rmunde:

Originally posted by rmunde
Nero burns at 4X, the minimum burn speed and the Roxio software supplied with the American version hovers around 30X with Memorex media that is alledgedly 48X.

What version of Nero are you using, I am using Version 5.5.9.9
and it fully supports the Plextor PX-W4824TA fully. You should update Nero if you don’t have this version. If you do have this then fully uninstall then reinstall Nero.:slight_smile:

I am using 5.599. I’ll try the old uninstall-install. Thanks. According to Ahead’s site, though, this drive is not included in the list of supported burners.

Originally posted by alchip80
[B]rmunde:

Nero burns at 4X, the minimum burn speed and the Roxio software supplied with the American version hovers around 30X with Memorex media that is alledgedly 48X.

and it fully supports the Plextor PX-W4824TA fully. You should update Nero if you don’t have this version. If you do have this then fully uninstall then reinstall Nero.:slight_smile: [/B]

Reviewing the drive now! Some news here. Nero v5.5.9.9 supports the PX-W4824A drive.

do you think it’s better than the yamaha f1?
will it copy all protections like key2aoudio, safedisk, etc…
i’m gonna buy one of them these and i need no decide…

thanks!

You were so right. I uninstalled Nero and clean installed v5.599 and it works perfectly with the 4824. Thanks.

[B]rmunde:

and it fully supports the Plextor PX-W4824TA fully. You should update Nero if you don’t have this version. If you do have this then fully uninstall then reinstall Nero.:slight_smile: [/B]

rmunde:

Thats Great:bigsmile:

Now you can enjoy the drive more. instead of being stuck at 4x.:frowning: :stuck_out_tongue:

Now for the search for 24X CDRW media!

[B]rmunde:

Thats Great:bigsmile:

Now you can enjoy the drive more. instead of being stuck at 4x.:frowning: :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Originally posted by eggplant
[B]do you think it’s better than the yamaha f1?
will it copy all protections like key2aoudio, safedisk, etc…
i’m gonna buy one of them these and i need no decide…

thanks! [/B]
SafeDisc 2 is no problem, SafeDisc v2.51.021 fails even with AWS enabled! I did some quick tests but it doesn’t look good. I hope Plextor can tweak its firmware or CloneCD its AWS feature to enable the PX-W4824A drive to do SafeDisc v2.51.021… Didn’t check audio protections yet.