Plextor 40 12 40a speed problem

vbimport

i bought this recorder in a retail packet.... so i got nero 5.5.7.2 with it..... so the software shouldnt be my problem.....

when i try to burn a full 80 minutes cd i select 40x..... and the recording starts..... when it finishes five minutes and thirty seconds later it says that the recording was sucessfully in 40x....

i think that 5 minutes for a full cd is a lot to much.... i tried with different medias... even when i put down the speed to 32, 24 and 16x it takes 5 minutes and 30 seconds.....

i checked the udma and its in ultra dma mode 2......

my harddiscs are raided and got an reading speed on about 60mb/sec so that aint the problem....

someone please help me.... this recording shouldnt take more then about 2 minutes and 30 seconds....

5:30 is 16x recording.
Make sure you’re using media that can be burned at a higher speed. The Plextor is known to be picky with media. For a list of recommended media check http://www.plextor.be/English/technical/cdrmedia401240A.html

im using 24x media… a friend of mine has a LG 32x… he burns 12x discs in 32x without any problems… does plextor really suck that much…

you shoul try another media like new verbatim 40x

Yes plextor “suck” when it comes to media compatibility. Only 2-3 40X certified disc brands works at 40X, and very few works at 32X. Most discs is limited to 16X and 24X writing.

Plextor have done this to make sure that only discs that for 100% sure can handle the high speeds will be written at high speeds.

If this is a correct move by plextor is up to you to deside :wink:

My comment is: Well, I don’t have a plextor 40X and I don’t think I’ll get one either…I stick to less strict writers.