Plextor 24x + 1.04 = 20x Burning 9 (?)

vbimport

Maybe its just a coincidence but ever since I got the newest version of CCD 4 and 1.04 firmware for Plextor, I can't seem to be able to burn above 20x, its almost always on 20x. I tried a couple of brands of cdrs, different mins, and different dye color, mostly 24x or 32x. Some are those costly ones, others are 10 cents each ones, but it just doesnt seem to go. I don't have any bufferunder, I'm using it under WinXP with a AMD 1900 cpu on a KT266A based motherboard. Rarely however it goes up to 24x, I can tell by the time it takes to burn and the speed of the blinking of the LED on the drive. So what's wrong here? I use only Nero and CCD, and the result is the same. Anyone else have the same problem maybe?

Thnx in advance
Ruibing

Nero seems a bit faster to me since upgrading to v5.582. v1.04 of the firmware has made no noticeable changes in the functioning of my drive.

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
[B]Maybe its just a coincidence but ever since I got the newest version of CCD 4 and 1.04 firmware for Plextor, I can’t seem to be able to burn above 20x, its almost always on 20x. I tried a couple of brands of cdrs, different mins, and different dye color, mostly 24x or 32x. Some are those costly ones, others are 10 cents each ones, but it just doesnt seem to go. I don’t have any bufferunder, I’m using it under WinXP with a AMD 1900 cpu on a KT266A based motherboard. Rarely however it goes up to 24x, I can tell by the time it takes to burn and the speed of the blinking of the LED on the drive. So what’s wrong here? I use only Nero and CCD, and the result is the same. Anyone else have the same problem maybe?

Thnx in advance
Ruibing [/B]

i used to get this problem a lot with firmware 1.03 with all the programs i use but with firmware 1.04 i can write almost all the time at 24x using Verbatim and SHU 24x cds but ocasionally some cds are still burned at 20x, i don’t know why that happens, olli said something about this issue on some post but i coundnt find it again.

later

Maybe I’ll try installing the firmware. Cuz I got mine as soon as it was posted on the japanese site n I heard there may be a difference. Who knows, well can’t heard to try neh? Anywho, if anyone else has any suggestions or guesses at whys and hows, plz dont hesitate to post em.

Thnx
Ruibing

The Plex 24 & 40x will only burn at 20x max in RAW-DAO - as stated by Plextor! Search a little and you’ll find the threads.

But isn’t the max 24x? It used to write at 24x in nero using the same cdrs. I just can’t figure it out. The speed isnt really botherin me but its really annoying though dont cha think? I forgot to mention before but I also have a Lite-on 32x, and with the same 32x and 24x cdrs, i can usually write at the max speed speed. Is there a utility to check for plextors like the smart-burn checkin utility for lite-on or something?

Thnx
Ruibing

Originally posted by FutureProof
The Plex 24 & 40x will only burn at 20x max in RAW-DAO - as stated by Plextor!

futureproof i’m sure i’ve burnt some cds in 24x using clonecd’s RAW DAO, so i don’t think that’s valid all the times

My typo - the Plex max RAW-DAO is 24x - this obviously affects the 40x.

Bartman@MASH was the member who took the lead

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44825

FP - WRONG

Plex 24x= 24X RAW-DAO

Plex 40x= 32X RAW-DAO (FP, check www.cdrinfo.com 's review of the PX-W4012A, it states clearly the 40x can write RAW-DAO @ 32x…)

:eek:

It makes me mad that the PX-W4012A cannot write 40x RAW-DAO or higher than 24x for CD-DA authoring :mad:

Originally posted by Plexy
[B]FP - WRONG Plex 24x= 24X RAW-DAO

Plex 40x= 32X RAW-DAO (FP, check www.cdrinfo.com 's review of the PX-W4012A, it states clearly the 40x can write RAW-DAO @ 32x…) :eek:

It makes me mad that the PX-W4012A cannot write 40x RAW-DAO or higher than 24x for CD-DA authoring :mad: [/B]
I acknowledged the typo. Plex have stated that it’s 24x max for RAW-DAO, why 32x at cdrinfo?

Switching between DAO, SAO, and TAO doesnt seem to make a difference for me in Nero and CloneCD. I’m still only able to write at 24x a fourth of the time, half d time in 20x, and the rest in 16x. This data isnt consistent with the quality and price of my cd media neither, cheap 32x generic 80min cdrs sometimes can do 24x, while good gold, black, n silver dyed cdrs. Of course, all this data just got accumulated during my normal burning of cds I never really did a whole set of specifc burns to find things out, so I could be wrong.

So I don’t think being on DAO is really affecting me since I still burn at 24x sometimes with DAO RAW in CCD and DAO/96 in Nero, though Nero I can’t be too sure off.

Is there a way to solve this? Like enabling “power calibration” or something? I don’t know I never have it enabled since I though Powerpec II does the same thing. Oh, could it be the laser head is dirty so its not reading the cdr as able to write at 24x?

Thnx for all the replies
Ruibing

I acknowledged the typo. Plex have stated that it’s 24x max for RAW-DAO, why 32x at cdrinfo?

Ask John over at CDRInfo. Or have a quick squize through the W4012A’s review on the CloneCD writing tests…

Can you please show me where you got Plextor stating they write at only 24X RAW-DAO?

Thanx M8 :slight_smile:

BTW FP, Lite-On 40X can be had cheaper than your ASUS 40X now ($230<AUD) :wink: :o

ASUS is $221 here :wink:

Ummm…that’s Australian Dollars USD$1=AUD$0.52

If you’re looking for Asus, it’s $105 here:

]http://www.essencompu.com/nupplysingar.asp?ID=1924

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FutureProof
ASUS is $221 here :wink: [/QUOTE

[B]ASUS is $221 here :wink:

Ummm…that’s Australian Dollars USD$1=AUD$0.52 [/B]

Lite-On LTR-40125S (40/12/48) CD-RW is $215 AUD here :wink: :eek: :cool:

Excuse us guys, its the battle of prices for Ozzies

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah!

Originally posted by Plexy
[B]

Lite-On LTR-40125S (40/12/48) CD-RW is $215 AUD here :wink: :eek: :cool:

Excuse us guys, its the battle of prices for Ozzies

:stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Hey! This is the Plextor Forum - pls stay OnTo!

btw, check ASUS read times here. No Litey (or Plex) is gonna come near that :stuck_out_tongue:

Right you are. I got carried away in replying. Sorry.

[B]Hey! This is the Plextor Forum - pls stay OnTo!

btw, check ASUS read times here. No Litey (or Plex) is gonna come near that :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Originally posted by rmunde
Sorry.
No! I’m sorry, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

Well I hope you get it out. <G>

No! I’m sorry, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.