Plextor 1610A and Nero

vbimport

Nero do not seem to say they support this writer yet (on their web site supported devices list) - but I am sure I have seen users refer to this combination in newsgroups.

Should they work together OK ?

It all depends on your version of Nero - if it is detecting the device you should be fine - if not, you may have to wait for an update.

Nero releases update more frequently than any other program I have seen so far…

If it is not detected you can wait for an update, as said above, this shouldn’t take too long. Maybe you can mail support@ahead.de with the question…

Thanks.

Nero say that 5.0.3.8 has support for Plextor 1610TA - and they will update their supported recorders page !

I tried it last night and all is OK.

Any views on InCD v DirectCD ?

Well I thought that the version 5.0.3.9 was made for the Yamaha 16x, maybe the plextor will work. OR just download the 5.0.4.4 maybe I works…

Originally posted by justinh
Any views on InCD v DirectCD ?

DirectCD I would not recommend using, it totally screws up your configuration and refuses to work next to nero.

In CD I haven’t tried since it doesn’t run under Windows 2000 yet (version 2.0 that should come with Nero 5.5) will, so I am waiting for that one

why don’t you try packet cd?

is almost the same like incd and direct cd

packet cd isn’t that great either (Am not too fond of CeQuadrat products)
And I don’t need it that bad…so I’ll wait for InCD 2.0 (don’t have a registred version of Nero for nothing…cost me enough :wink: )

well, everyone has his one opinion

i prefer packet cd above all the rest

Stay away from Adaptec products if you wanna avoid conflicts. Thats my personal (and a whole lot of others) experience.

There are a variety of good proggies out there - I use different proggies for different tasks. You should just try`em all.

Originally posted by wonderboy
There are a variety of good proggies out there - I use different proggies for different tasks. You should just try`em all.

Personally I prefer:
CloneCD in cases I need to backup a protected CD
Fireburner in cases I want to burn downloaded .cue/.bin files
Nero for all the rest of the writing jobs

So it is mostly Nero for me…that’s why I can’t wait for the Nero 5.5 update :wink: