Plextor 16/10/40

can anybody tell me if this writer is raw dao and subchannel data compatible or have i wasted my money

i don’t believe so

Check the CloneCD Hardware Compatibility List @ http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/cdr_p.htm

The Plex 1610A:

Writing: RAW-DAO 96
Reading Data: RAW
Reading Audio: RAW+96

So The Plex can write in RAW mode but it cannot read the Subs from data discs :frowning:

thanks for that but what does that mean in copying terms

Games with the SafeDisc protection will be no problem for this drive.

Games with the SafeDisc 2 and SubChannel Data protections (like SecuROM and LaserLock) cannot be copied with this drive…

So the only thing it’s actually good for is backing-up audio discs and non-protected data discs… :frowning:

THANKS FOR THAT is there any way over this ie perhaps the next or previous firmware if that makes any diff and does this mean i cant copy copy,s

Originally posted by nogy
THANKS FOR THAT is there any way over this ie perhaps the next or previous firmware if that makes any diff

No, this is a hardware problem. FirmWare updates or downgrades will not make any difference :frowning:

and does this mean i cant copy copy,s

No and yes. Non protected copy’s and SafeDisc protected copy’s will be no problem. Other copy’s with a SecuROM or LaserLock protection will not be possible…

Ps. There’s no difference between an original disc and a copy if the copy was made with CloneCD which keeps the original protection intact.

thanks for all that Its a bit better to understand now just one thing by making a copy are we saying a fully playable 1 -1 copy or will they still need to be cracked

thanks for all that Its a bit better to understand now just one thing by making a copy are we saying a fully playable 1 -1 copy or will they still need to be cracked

A good CloneCD copy in DAO-RAW or in your case SAO-RAW with CloneCD doesn’t need a crack. Just keep in mind you will need cracks for other protections that cannot be back-upped in SAO-RAW…

Greets

THANKS sorted I think!!!