Plextor 121032A

vbimport

Here we go:

I´ve got an plextor 121032A (IDE/ATAPI).
I downgraded the firmware to 1.01 with no probs.
Then I tested to burn a clone image of “Hitman Codename 47” (SD 2 protected), and still it only works in my burner, to play I mean…It dosen´t work from my DVD-player.

Luckily I got my philips burner today and it can handle this game perfectly, I burned it and it works from the DVD too…

Just thought I should let you guys know, everybody talks about the new drives being locked so you can´t downgrade and so on…well I can (with the older version of plexdrive of course) and it still dosen´t work.

Hmm weird. It’s supposed to work with SafeDisc 2 when a FirmWare < 1.04 is used. Ah well you can use your Philips…

Never thought a Philips could beat a Plextor :frowning:

The philips drive don´t stand a chance against my Plex in my eyes…

allthough when it comes to SD 2 protected games i prefer using the philips since the plex dosen´t seems to work.

Allthough I haven´t tried the 1.04 firmware version, just the 1.01 I don´t think it makes any differens.

I read the info and downloaded the files from CDRsoft.net, allthough it´s all over the net now that the old plex firmwares available from plextor now have been modified and don´t work any more.

I don´t know wheter the ones from cdrsoft where the modified ones or not…guess I have to try some more…

UPDATE: The bin file is 512kb so I guess it´s not the modified one…

[Edited by Tha Chosen One on 02-03-2001 at 20:42]

well …,my plextor 1210A with firmware version 1.04 can copy sd2 games that are playable on other cd´s (copy done with clonecd)

Look, I am not a newbie even if the name tag says soo…

I didn´t post this message to tell everyone that it´s a big lie, just to inform that just because you can downgrade the Firmware too older than 1.05 it dosen´t mean it will work, it´s probably something with the TLA version of the drive too…

and that little remark you made about you were using Clone-Cd…well this post was made in the clone forum so what the f**k did you think i used??..

Easy CD creator perhaps…

Damn…got a little angry there hehe…look my purpose was just to inform not to decline ok!!!

[i]TEMPER, TEMPER![/i]

[Edited by G@M3FR3@K on 06-03-2001 at 20:11]

Originally posted by Tha Chosen One
Firmware too older than 1.05 it dosen´t mean it will work, it´s probably something with the TLA version of the drive too…

This is true. What TLA version do you have? I have TLA #0305

Sorry ´bout that…dont like wiseguys…

I don´t now what TLA i have, allthough the read subchannel data dosen´t work on mine, and according to elby that equals:

*Hardware revision TLA #0101 of the writer doesn’t allow this feature

So I guess it´s #0101

Just to inform…a friend copy red alert2 with plextor burner and it`s working only with…PLEXTOR burner…!!!but only that game of SD2.

@syblegma

PlexWriters will normally produces a SafeDisc 2 back-up that will only work in the same writer. Supposedly when firmware 1.4 is used, this problem is solved. But not always! There are different kinds of PlexWriters: you can see this at the TLA number. This number is written on the package of the writer or on the writer itself. There are some TLA numbers that cannot read/write the 96 bytes of SubChannel Data. And the same goed for SafeDisc 2…

Unfortunatelly there is no list available with TLA numbers that do and don’t work with SD2 and FW1.4… Well I do know that #0101 doesn’t work, but that’s about it. I think that PlexWriters that can read/rite the Subs will also be able to back-up SD2 with FM1.4, but I’m not sure about this.

oh well Tha Chosen One…
wiseguy huh… i wonder whos the fucking wiseguy…
that has to reply and write a big load of shit that is of no use to anyone else…

a rely regarding the mail previously by “The Chosen One”, Quote:

I don´t now what TLA i have, allthough the read subchannel data dosen´t work on mine, and according to elby that equals:

*Hardware revision TLA #0101 of the writer doesn’t allow this feature

So I guess it´s #0101

Here’s a weird one for you: My Plextor is a TLA #0101 but it does read and write the subchannel data prefectly ok, It can also backup SD2 game that work in my CD reader & DVD drive… ???

Well,I have TLA 0307 but some games like No one lives for ever(SD2)their backup only work with my PlexWriter!!What about that now???It seems that only we can guess how the backup cd will work…!!! :wink: