Plextor 12/10/32a, XP and firmware

Has anyone running Plextor’s 12/10/32a CD-RW drive in Win XP installed the 1.09 or 1.10 firmware? Comments? Thanks!

ggeine

I have a tdk 12/10/32a aka plextor 12/10/32a tdk stopped releasing firmware at 1.08 even tho the firmware was identical to the plextor apart from the flasher looked for a tdk drive instead.so i had to change the id of the drive to plextor so i could use the plextor 1.10 firmware now its a plextor and flashed to 1.10 and runnin in xp and it works great

which site has the software to convert your tdk into a plex. And is there any way to convert your plex back into a tdk?

I too have the tdk 12/10/32a (the plex inside)

i got it here -
http://www.roundsparrow.com/Comp/Iomega1/TDKVelo/ there was no way to turn it back included but i modified the name it changes to with a hex editor and am now able to go back if u want me to send u it i will but u will have to leave ur email addy.also before u flash make sure u have the plextor as i think i remember some were sanyo or was that the 16 speed anyway if ur firmware is 1.00 - 1.08 it wont be the sanyo

thank you, I just private messaged you and gave you my email address :stuck_out_tongue:

Click on Profile on top and you will see the message. I have converted to plextor already, no bad effects that I see so far