PLEXTOR 12/10/32A and sd2

I am making copies of a few sd2 games (images created using a Plextor 24x cdrw).
Should I enable the don’t repair subchannel data setting?
In what situation, should I enable that setting?
Is there a difference between copying a backup cd made with Plextor 24X (without using the amplify weak sector setting) and a backup cd made with Plextor 12x (using the amplify weak sector setting)?

Quoting Futureproof:

If the copy is an “AWS” burn by a non-SD2 burner then EC must be set to “none”.

If the copy is a burn by a correct SD2 writer then error correction MUST NOT be set to none.

If the copy is an “AWS” burn by a proper SD2 writer then the copy cannot be copied (I think - I haven’t tested this but thinking it through leads me to believe that it may not work given the EC & sector regeneration performed anyway by CCD).

What is a correct SD2 writer? How is a correct SD2 writer different from a proper SD2 writer?

Has anyone made a working copy of MDK2? My friend made a working copy which plays on his Plextor 24x drive but not on my Plextor 12X drive. I also burned a MDK2 copy from an image created with his Plextor 24X using my Plextor 12x. This also produce acopy that is not playable on my Plextor 12x. What is the problem behind this? What is the correct setting for making a image of the MDK2 game?

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by yanon
What is a correct SD2 writer? How is a correct SD2 writer different from a proper SD2 writer?
Well a correct SD2 writer is a writer that can copy SafeDisc 2 without the help of CloneCD’s AWS function and which will make a back-up that works in every CD-ROM and not only in the recorder. So basically don’t use AWS with the Plextor 24x but do use it with the 12x. It depends on what kind of disc (already a back-up or original disc) which settings you should use. FutureProof’s excellent info should help you with that.

Goodluck!

So, what is a proper sd2 writer? Anyone?

check here all the writers that can do correct EFM encoding

yanon, look here.