Plextools116a help and question

hi all,

and thanx to a post in forum i now have the much talked about plextools.
i have ECDC creator 5.1.34??sp4 platinum and have always been happy with that and my plexwrite 24x10x40a.
and am tyring to burn a cd with plextools and notice the following:

in plextools i do notice my mouse as being slightly jerky. i have a geforce3 ti200 with latest detonator release i don’t attribute it to anything video related probably new mouse drivers 4.1 from ms and wireless explorer. wonder if anyone else has experienced this? or maybe a result of having ecdc and having directcd (in background) run at windows startup?

also every time i start plextools it gives me warning about aspi.dll being version 1.00 but i run w/98 sec ed and prefer not to go to version 4.71 from adaptec site which does state not to go with 4.70 or 4.71 if you have windows media player 7.0 or above anbd i have beta version of wmp 9.2800 which is a very nice interface here. links for this

version 4.71= http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+98&filekey=aspi_v471.exe

about wmp=
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/supporteditorial.html?sess=no&prodkey=ASPI_Layer_Upkeep&cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+98

###lastly where can i record without the 2 second gap? (DAO?) i don’t see a choice between dao or tao in this app

my discs done with ecdc always sound good but i nevevr really tested disc for errors that plextools allows one to do. i must test and compare.

edit= after using it to try burning a disc that was sourced from mp3 (aerosmith ultimate hits) which i had done a ways back with ecdc5.1 platinum it did write as image file first. but had 96 errors on it:
AudioCD Maker completed successfully
BP Rec activity: 58 occurences. (BP Counter)
There are 3 different Z-CLV zones (BP counter)
Selected Write Speed : 24 X
Maximum Media Write Speed : 24 X
Actual Last Write Speed : 24 X

but while using cdtest feature it showed 96 errors toatl most before track 10 out of 16. it still sounds good though?
now i tested the tdk cdr disc i originally burnt from these mp3’s and it tested perfect 0 errors as per plextools 116a test applet.

now i reburned using ecec and again using test feature in plextools it showed as perfect with 0 errors.

so is it plextors codec used for mp3 to wav conversion before its burnt or what because its not source?

thanx,
chevysales

Setting a 0-second gap between the tracks using PlexTools:

-Start PlexTools and go to AudioCD Maker
-Add your desired tracks:

-Select all tracks and press the Properties button
-This screen will appear, set Gap/Pause to 00:00:00 and press Set for all tracks:

in plextools i do notice my mouse as being slightly jerky. i have a geforce3 ti200 with latest detonator release i don’t attribute it to anything video related probably new mouse drivers 4.1 from ms and wireless explorer. wonder if anyone else has experienced this? or maybe a result of having ecdc and having directcd (in background) run at windows startup?
I don’t think it’s your display drivers. I also have a GeForce 3 Ti200 and my screen is just fine. Running the default drivers though. You should of course try running PlexTools when Easy CD and DirectCD are disabled to see if that’s the problem.

also every time i start plextools it gives me warning about aspi.dll being version 1.00 but i run w/98 sec ed and prefer not to go to version 4.71 from adaptec site which does state not to go with 4.70 or 4.71 if you have windows media player 7.0 or above anbd i have beta version of wmp 9.2800 which is a very nice interface here.
Try upgrading to ASPI v4.60. That’s the best version. You can read in the Plextor FAQ where to find them (1st post by dfourthhorseman)

thank you for your help

quote:

also every time i start plextools it gives me warning about aspi.dll being version 1.00 but i run w/98 sec ed and prefer not to go to version 4.71 from adaptec site which does state not to go with 4.70 or 4.71 if you have windows media player 7.0 or above anbd i have beta version of wmp 9.2800 which is a very nice interface here.

Try upgrading to ASPI v4.60. That’s the best version. You can read in the Plextor FAQ where to find them (1st post by dfourthhorseman)

my mistake it actually says wnaspi32.dll is version 1.00.00 and i should upgrade yet everyuthing works fine i am reluctant.

running w/98 sec ed btw

wnaspi32.dll is located in your C:\Windows\System folder? Try replacing it with Nero’s wnaspi32.dll file (first make a back-up of the old file just in case). That should do the trick. Did it work?

I also experience this, only sometimes. Don’t have a clue why…

It slows my whole system also.

:confused: