Plextools?

vbimport

Do ANY plextools come with the 708a?

I just got mine and on the included cd it’s just the Roxio stuff and some 98SE drivers.

I looked in the faq and saw the webpage for the European plextools but it says upgrade.

Should I dl that and the PlextoolsPro 2.05 from the other linked page in the FAQ, install the 2.05 and then apply the upgrade?

Here is what I did.
I have Plextools 1.09
I Installed Plextools 1.09, then uninstalled it, then installed Plextools 2.07

For some reason, ver 2.07 wouldn’t install with 1.09 installed.
Once 1.09 was uninstalled, 2.07 installed with no probs.
1.09 must have left some refrences in registry, because 2.07 would not install without prev version, (1.09) installed/uninstalled.

I would install 2.05, then try to upgrade to 2.07.
If that doesn’t work, then try uninstalling 2.05, and then install 2.07
Jon

Well, it did that, but it keeps saying "Dear User - This software could not detect any devices. They may not be installed or working properly.

I just tested the drive in Nero and it works fine :confused:

It doesn’t have to be a SCSI drive does it? I was reading the plex tools manual and it keeps talking about SCSI drives for some reason.

WTH?

The Plextor PX-708A drive isn’t supported in PlexTools v2.05… It’s supported in version 2.06 and up. Read the FAQ for some tips on how to install PlexTools for non-European drives.

I did read it. I tried the reg hack and everything. If I do the reg hack and install just 2.07 off the website, I still get the same error message.

Any other suggestions? I’ve emailed Plextools Europe for help and so far they just asked if I was logged in as admin and I am.

Thanks,
Jay

Of course it comes with PlexTools Professional.
If you read the “My plextor” threads, you’ll see all markets (USA, Europe etc.) ship it with the retail version.
Mine (Greece) was shipped with PlexTools 2.06

Originally posted by pasalimanius
Of course it comes with PlexTools Professional.
If you read the “My plextor” threads, you’ll see all markets (USA, Europe etc.) ship it with the retail version.
Mine (Greece) was shipped with PlexTools 2.06

Excuse me but the U.S. retail version of the PX-708A is not shipped with the PlexTools software. Only the Premium drive is shipped with PlexTools worldwide.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Excuse me but the U.S. retail version of the PX-708A is not shipped with the PlexTools software. Only the Premium drive is shipped with PlexTools worldwide.

Yeah, unforunately I haven’t been able to get it to work. Plextor support suggested replacing the Nvidia IDE drivers for my mobo with the stock MS ones, but I don’t wanna hose my system right now. I’m planning on reformatting soon anyway, so I’ll probably try it again after a fresh install of XP.

Really? The US is supposed to always have the best service and treatment as a market/consummers! Strange!

Anyway, there is already a new version on the plex site to download! Isn’t it ?

PlexTools Pro is NOT shipped in the US market. Some of the features of PTP will work with the 708A, as with other Plextor drives. The Q-check features are only with the Premium drive, so you might as well use Nero or other app to write and read, because that’s about all you can do with PTP anyway.

what is plextools? is it another burning software, like nero?

Here! /gs.

Originally posted by bob11879
so you might as well use Nero or other app to write and read, because that’s about all you can do with PTP anyway.
Not really no… PlexTools offers a lot more than just the Q-Check functions for the Premium drive. It can for instance be used to create Data and Audio compilations with. It can be used for Digital Audio Extraction (DAE) and offers advanced DAE error recovery options. PlexTools can also be used to control the advanced features of your drive with like GigaRec, SecuRec (ok these only applies to the Premium), VariRec, Hide CDR Media, Silent Mode, etc. Last but no least PlexTools can also erase CDRW and DVDRW media and can be used for transfer tests. Please correct me someone if I forgot something :wink:

A must have software for everyone who has a Plextor drive in my opinion…

i dont have the full version plextool, my px-708a did not come with it. where can i download it.

Read the FAQ please RenG.