I think i could have a problem with Plextools 1.20a (with Px40ts and fw 1.13, w98). It has been very slow with a scratched cd, always increasing and decreasing speed.
To be sure, i tried with a new, non scratched audio cd : it reported 24 errors it could not correct with maximum secure extraction settings !!
That had not happened to me since versions before 1.15a. I uninstalled Plextools and came back to 1.19 but same behavior. It probably wasn’t full uninstall because my preferences had remained the same.
Another non scratched audio cd worked fine. So i don’t know what to think but it reminds me of Plextools before 1.15a.
I have sent an email to Plextor.be.