Plextools Professional vs. XL

vbimport

Hi guys,

Just got my Plextor Premium and as I expected, it did not come with the Plextools disc. So I would like to purchase some form of it. I was just wondering what the general opinion on the XL version is: is it worth it?

Oh yeah, almost forgot: my drive has a TLA # CCCC, instead of numbers. Does this mean anything specific?

Most probably it is a sample drive… can you tell us the manifacturing date?

ET

I don’t have it in front of me, but I seem to recall it being March 2003. Also, it was made in Japan. It had firmware 1.00 on it, I updated it to the most recent. Seems to work fine, and looks like it is brand new…

As far as Plextools vs. XL, I answered my own question when I found out that XL handles disc images.

The drive is most likely pre production, since the TLA 0000 is initial hardware build and 1.00 firmware.

Pre-productions are not supposed to be sold, or am I wrong?

The place I got it from seems to be a wholesaler of some kind. He seems to sell a lot of Plextor drives. Is there anything to worry about, having a drive that’s a sample/preproduction?

If you try to RMA, they will reject it since it is not a production drive. Probably from some eval customer. No telling how much use it’s had.

Well, I wasn’t planning to try to RMA it anyway, since I didn’t buy it from Plextor. I knew I was buying an used drive, so I accept the consequences of that.

Honestly, all I care about is whether or not it burns my CDs well, and it does (at least so far…)

Well, I wasn’t planning to try to RMA it anyway, since I didn’t buy it from Plextor. I knew I was buying an used drive, so I accept the consequences of that.

Honestly, all I care about is whether or not it burns my CDs well, and it does (at least so far…)

nice that it’s made in japan though…