PlexTools Professional V2.11 released on 1 March 2004

[ul][li]Added:
[/li]> CD/DVD-ROM Maker: support for UDF
[li]Bug Fix:
[/li]> a few minor bug fixes[/ul]
Downloads can be found here.

Thanks G@M3FR3@K!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

The same trouble again: The PT don’t start. Can anyone confirm?

… and this is the solution: I had forgotten an audio cd in one of the drives when the programme was launched for the first time. Apparently this is a no-no for the PT to be initialized.

Okay, kind of a newbie question here, but what does the support for UDF mean? I’ve seen this format mentioned with other programs, but do not know what its uses/benefits are.

(Note: It may be a newbie question, but I’m using PlexTools Pro, so hopefully this is a valid forum for this question… :wink: )

Thanks!
Tony

What is The Universal Disc Format (UDF)?

The Universal Disc Format (UDF) specification was first released by OSTA in 1995 and is designed to be a common logical file system for all removable optical storage media. Over the years various updates to UDF have been introduced to add new capabilities. For example, UDF 1.02 is the standard file system used for prerecorded and recordable DVD discs while UDF 1.5 is commonly employed for packet writing CD-R and CD-RW media. Most recently, UDF 2.0 has added full support for Windows NT, enhanced data security and improved CD-R functions while defining backward read capabilities between discs created with the new UDF 2.0 format and discs created with earlier versions of UDF.

DVD File System

All DVD discs use the UDF file system, designed for both read-only and recordable discs.

A new file system was chosen for DVD which would suit both read-only and writable versions. This file system is a subset of UDF (Universal Disk Format) called micro UDF (M-UDF). The main characteristics of UDF are:

• Robust file exchange
  • System & vendor independent
  • Writable & read-only media
  • Based on ISO 13346

UDF has been extended to provide the necessary features for both write-once and rewritable discs. A combination of UDF and ISO 9660 (known as UDF Bridge) is used on some DVD discs to provide compatibility with existing operating systems, including Windows95. Applications can access the data files using either ISO 9660 or UDF file structures, but the use of UDF is recommended.

Does anyone have a working link for Plextools Pro (not just the update-)?

Originally posted by Typhoid Mary

Does anyone have a working link for Plextools Pro (not just the update-)?
It used to be one such, but a while ago Plextor kindly asked me to remove the files from there.

Try the trick described here > How to install Plextools with Upgrade only

Read the FAQ people, it’s there for a reason! :wink:

Thanks. I dowloded and installed it. My only question is why doesnt GigaRec show up on my PX-708A? Under Drive settings all I get is Basic, Advanced, and VariRec.

Thanks in advance.

TY

Originally posted by Typhoid Mary
[B]Thanks. I dowloded and installed it. My only question is why doesnt GigaRec show up on my PX-708A? Under Drive settings all I get is Basic, Advanced, and VariRec.

Thanks in advance.

TY [/B]

The PX-708A does not support that feature.