PlexTools Problem

I have a new Plextor Premium CDRW drive. I am having trouble using PlexTools Professional v2.07. Every time I attempt to record a CD I get the following message:

“Inserted CD is not empty”

I get this message no matter what brand media I use, including Taiyo Yuden (one of Plextor’s recommended brands). I do not have any trouble recording CDRs using other software, such as Nero. I get the same message using any of the PlexTools, such as the CD-ROM Maker, Audio CD Maker and CD Copy.

I do have several virtual CD drives on my system, such as DAEMON Tools, CloneCD, and Alcohol 120%. I have disabled all of them and still get the above message.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I think your problem is something to do with the following. My guess is that it is Alcohol 120 that has the hide cdr option selected .

Q: (11/10/02) When PlexTools reports: “Source disc too large”, what does this mean?
A: This warning message might be caused by a CD-recording program that has a “Hide CDR” option (e.g. CloneCD) or a Virtual CD-Rom Drive.
Even after closing the program this setting can remain active.
Please deactivate this option in the recording software or remove the Virtual CD-Rom Drive.

hope it helps

Originally posted by rhodopsin

I have disabled all of them …

Let me ask you how ? In device manager, I hope ?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I got a reply from Plextor support and they told me to move my drive off the Promise IDE controller I had it on. That solved the problem. They said that they have had lots of problems with Promise controllers for some reason.

Originally posted by rhodopsin

I got a reply from Plextor support and they told me to move my drive off the Promise IDE controller I had it on. That solved the problem. They said that they have had lots of problems with Promise controllers for some reason.
What ?! Plextor are incredible ! As far we know it, their PT2.07 was supposed to " support ATA Controllers ",
which it did in my case w no problems whatsoever.

club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74553

Looks like the left hand doesn’t know what the right one’s doing. :bigsmile:

I had it set as a slave on the primary channel of a Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE controller. Plextor’s advice was to make it a master on a standard IDE controller.

I actually left it as a slave, but everything appears to be working properly now. I wonder if I had left it on the Promise but made it the master if that would have solved the problem. I don’t think I am going to mess with it further though. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help!

My Yamaha’s on the Promise’s 2nd Master, but the Alcohol virtual drive is disabled in Device Manager
( CCD VD is now uninstalled completely ) .

Regarding the same issue from the past :

club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=427036#post427036

club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=426751#post426751

All in all, hopefully Plextor will fix this bug before long.