Plextools Pro XL, Vista, AHCI and Intel Matrix Storage

I am using the Plextools Pro XL 3.13 with Vista Ultimate AHCI activated. Mainboard is Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P. Latest chipset driver is installed. Today I have tried to change the Vista Built-In AHCI-driver with the Intel Matrix Storage Driver 7.6.0.1011. To my surprise the Plextools stopped workin’. No chance to use the utility. I had to reinstall the Built-In AHCI-driver.

I’m running the exact same version of IMSM on Vista Ultimate 32-bit with AHCI activated as well, with no problems. My board is the Intel D975XBX2, but I’ve also run the same setup on my P5B Deluxe. Are you running the latest firmware on your 755SA and 760SA? Also, for a test, disconnect your 810SA and just try with the two real Plextors.

I have 2 PCs. On the first one, Gigabyte GA-965P DS3P Rev 3.3, the Plextor PX-810SA and the PX-760SA are installed on the Port4 and Port5 of the Intel-SATA-Controller. On the second one, board see first post, I have installed the Plextor PX-755SA (Port5) and the Pioneer DVDR-212B (Port4). On the original Plextors I have installed the latest firmware. Using the Vista-AHCI-driver I have no problem with Plextools Pro XL. Using the Intel Matrix Storage Driver see my first post.

The troublemaker seemed to be the Pioneer DVDR-212B and the Plextor PX-810SA. Disconnecting the burners the Plextools Pro XL can be used with installed Intel Matrix Storage Driver.

My recently-added SPD2513BD was causing problems with the Plextools+AHCI combo so I had to connect it to my add-in PCI card with two SATA ports.