Plextools in USA?

vbimport

I just talked to a tech at plextor USA and they know nothing about the news of Plextools becoming available worldwide…Maybe he just doesn’t have the news yet or he doesn’t want to talk about it.

I guess the news is too recent for the right hand to know what the left hand is doing…:eek:

Originally posted by joelmon

Maybe he just doesn’t have the news yet or he doesn’t want to talk about it.

I guess the news is too recent for the right hand to know what the left hand is doing…
…or he’s gonna get fired soon … :bigsmile:

It’s coming… It will be released with the Plextor PREMIUM drive (52x32x52x) since this drive will support some special features which can (for now) only be used with PlexTools. The PlexTools name will also change to PlexTools Professional (well at least that’s how it was called at CeBIT). Special features will include:

[ul][li]GigaRec: write 980 MB on a standard 700 MB CD-R (without needing any additional software, feature will only work with the PREMIUM drive).
[/li][li]SilentMode: for special silent performance
[/li][*]SecuRec: create your own password protected discs[/ul]With the new PlexTools you will also be able to do more advanced tests with your Plextor drive such as C1/C2 error tests, transfer rate tests, tracking tests and jitter tests.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
With the new PlexTools you will also be able to do more advanced tests with your Plextor drive such as C1/C2 error tests, transfer rate tests, tracking tests and jitter tests.

This is the only new feature that interests me. Is it soley a function of Plextools, or does it require the new 52X Plextor drive as well?

I have the last 48/24/48 drive.

-Robert

I believe these tests will also work with other Plextor drives. Other features, such as GigaRec, will only work with the Plextor PREMIUM drive.

Do you know if Gigarec will allow for those 980MB CD’s readable on other CDROM’s? That would be great for DivX movies.

Robert

Thought I already mentioned that in my previous post: “write 980 MB on a standard 700 MB CD-R (without needing any additional software)”. So yes the discs can be read on a normal CD-ROM drive. Please note however that I don’t know how it will work in real life, meaning that I haven’t tested this myself and I can’t say for sure that all your drive will be able to read the discs… Perhaps you need a drive that is able to read 99 minute media but I really can’t say… I hope Plextor will release review samples of this new drive soon but I don’t expect it to arrive before April.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K

*SilentMode: for special silent performance

What is this supposed to mean ?
Mute mode to reduce the hazard of hearing loss when writing @52 ? :wink:

No I think it will be a setting with which you can reduce the read speed of the drive. This can be handy when playing movie and musix files (which do not require a high read speed). 52X recording is and will always be noisy :wink:

Hey hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Plextools Professional has a WAV editor feature…I know the “regular” plextools has a “start and stop function”, but what about fade in fade out ??

Anyone ??

Plextor USA is sending me a Plextor software disc with the new Plextools Pro on it… I emailed them and they said they’d send me a copy…They did say it wasn’t for “sale” separately, but they’d do what they could for me…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by BoSkin
What is this supposed to mean ?
Mute mode to reduce the hazard of hearing loss when writing @52 ? :wink:

Reduction in noise (also speed…) when reading/writing, also tray load/eject times can be adjusted (!)

:cool:

Originally posted by Clint.S

Reduction in noise (also speed…) when reading/writing, also tray load/eject times can be adjusted (!)

Yep. Exactly. And it’s a well-known thing nowadays. Then…it was just my kidding.

There’s even more info available regarding the PlexWriter Premium ( right in my sig ) :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
There’s even more info available regarding the PlexWriter Premium ( right in my sig ) :wink:

You can find additional info at Plextor’s ASIA/OCEANEA distibutor MT&A Corp.

:wink:

You can find additional info at Plextor’s ASIA/OCEANEA distibutor MT&A Corp. :wink:
Thanks ! I’ve recently paid a visit to the Plextor’s Japanese site as well. :wink:

Damn, the Q-Check features won’t be avaliable on older PleXWriters due to the PREMIUM having new hardware especially for those features… I was only hoping… :frowning:

I was only hoping… :frowning:
…in vain. Too bad.
But it was to be expected, wasn’t it ?

So since I have Plextools (regular) on my computer, I also have a Plextools Pro software disc and the newest features don’t work on a unit other than the newest drive, there probably isn’t any sense in installing the Pro…Right??

The c1, c2 error check won’t work either? Oh well, I guess it’s good to have the disc in case I ever need to reinstall Plextools…I don’t suppose the extra features would get in the way of my drive’s performance would it…

Any ideas…Would YOU install Plextools Pro without the newest Plextor drive??

Originally posted by joelmon

Any ideas…Would YOU install Plextools Pro without the newest Plextor drive??
You never know…till you try it.

Joelmon.

So since I have Plextools (regular) on my computer, I also have a Plextools Pro software disc and the newest features don’t work on a unit other than the newest drive, there probably isn’t any sense in installing the Pro…Right??

Well, not necessarily, Pro version may well be replacing the regular version shortly. Usually if your drive doesn’t have the capability then that function will not be activated in the Pro version. It won’t hurt to check this out. Besides, You won’t know unless you try. The new version also will include new bug fixes etc. So yes I would definitely install it.

If it doesn’t work, Uninstall it. :smiley:

Let us know what you find out.:slight_smile: