Plextools and DVD Video

Hi,

First, the list of my equipments:

DVD Recorder: PX-716A (firmware 1.11)
Standalone DVD Player: Denon DVD 2900
Media: DVD-R DL - RitekP01
Burning sw: Nero 7.5.9.0, ImgTool 1.2.1

I have tried to burn the discs with either Nero 7 or ImgTool, no difference.

The problem:

I burn DVD Video files, 6 Titles, the Title n° 2 and 3 have reading problems on my Denon, all the rest is perfect.
If I put the disc on a DVD Player worth 50 $, it works perfectly.

I guess, the issue is compatibility between my Denon and the media.

I want to be sure there isn’t anything better I can do in order to facilitate my Denon’s laser pickup task.

I read that I can convert my DVD Video files into an image ISO (ImgTool Classic) and then use Plextools to burn the ISO.

Question: Is this worth to try? I mean, is there any technical reason that would lead to improve compatibility between my DVD Player and Ritek ?

I ask because every time I throw away a DVD-R DL and they are expensive :frowning:

Thank you
Alex

The problem is the media. Most DL discs have a low quality, and only Verbatim proved to be the most reliable media.

[QUOTE=Metallo;1954643]Hi,

First, the list of my equipments:

DVD Recorder: [B]PX-716A[/B] (firmware 1.11)
Standalone DVD Player: [B]Denon DVD 2900[/B]
Media: [B]DVD-R DL - RitekP01[/B]
Burning sw: [B]Nero 7.5.9.0, ImgTool 1.2.1[/B]

I have tried to burn the discs with either Nero 7 or ImgTool, no difference.

The problem:

I burn DVD Video files, 6 Titles, the Title n° 2 and 3 have reading problems on my Denon, all the rest is perfect.
If I put the disc on a DVD Player worth 50 $, it works perfectly.

I guess, the issue is compatibility between my Denon and the media.

I want to be sure there isn’t anything better I can do in order to facilitate my Denon’s laser pickup task.

I read that I can convert my DVD Video files into an image ISO (ImgTool Classic) and then use Plextools to burn the ISO.

Question: Is this worth to try? I mean, is there any technical reason that would lead to improve compatibility between my DVD Player and Ritek ?

I ask because every time I throw away a DVD-R DL and they are expensive :frowning:

Thank you
Alex[/QUOTE]I don’t have any of the electronics/media/software you have to test here sorry. But just from reading this problem i’d say yes your Denon is picky player. I have a Divx/DVD player that’s a cheap player that will play most anything.

So try some Verbatim +R DL’s bitset to DVD-ROM and see the result. Or if you like Ritek try their +R DL’s instead of -R DL’s.

Thanks for your replies.

I wonder, any chance to bitset DVD-R DL?

Cheers
Alex

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Bitsetting it’s possible only with +R media (both single and dual layer), not with -R

[QUOTE=Metallo;1954739]Thanks for your replies.

I wonder, any chance to bitset DVD-R DL?

Cheers
Alex[/QUOTE]yep Geno is right. I’m actually surprised that -R DL work with anything. I don’t have any as i explained. Not many here use them.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1954772]yep Geno is right. I’m actually surprised that -R DL work with anything. I don’t have any as i explained. Not many here use them.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have a standalone DVD player which is -R (although I’m sure they can play +R) in principle, you use -R because that should be the best for your machine.

I must be honest, so far, never had a problem with Ritekp01, as well as Verbatim DVD-R DL.
I cannot understand why the issue is only on a title, basically, a specific point of the disc, I burned two discs but got same result.

Maybe I should use closed GOPs next time and try to burn 2x instead of 4x, you never know :eek:

Cheers
Alex