Plextools alwasy has 2 second gap for burning?

hi all,

and thanx to a post in forum i now have the much talked abot plextools.
i have ECDC creator 5.1.34??sp4 platinum and have always been happy with that and my plexwrite 24x10x40a.
and am tyring to burn a cd with plextools and notice the following:

###in plextools i do notice my mouse as being slightly jerky.

###also every time i start plextools it gives me warning about aspi.dll being version 1.00 buti run w/98 sec ed and prefer not to go to version 4.71 from adaptec site which does state not to go with 4.70 or 4.71 if you have windows media player 7.0 or above anbd i have beta version of wmp 9.2800 which is a very nice interface here.

###lastly where can i record without the 2 second gap? (DAO?)

my discs done with ecdc always sound good but i nevevr really tested disc for errors that plextools allows one to do. i must test and compare.

edit= after using it to try burning a disc that was sourced from mp3 (aerosmith ultimate hits) which i had done a ways back with ecdc5.1 platinum it did write as image file first. but had 96 errors on it:
AudioCD Maker completed successfully
BP Rec activity: 58 occurences. (BP Counter)
There are 3 different Z-CLV zones (BP counter)
Selected Write Speed : 24 X
Maximum Media Write Speed : 24 X
Actual Last Write Speed : 24 X

but while using cdtest feature it showed 96 errors toatl most before track 10 out of 16. it still sounds good though?
now i tested the tdk cdr disc i originally burnt from these mp3’s and it tested perfect 0 errors as per plextools 116a test applet.

now i reburned using ecec and again using test feature in plextools it showed as perfect with 0 errors.

so is it plextors codec used for mp3 to wav conversion before its burnt or what cause its not source?
thanx,
chevysales

well i see if used for encoding to mp3 it does 320 but at joint stereo!

duh, all i had to do was copy lame dll [3.92] to plextools directory.

since i had it in audiograbber’s directory a cut and paste did the trick.

Hi chevysales.

If when you drag and drop wav files to the cue sheet in Plextools you click on properties, you will notice that there is and option that allows you to specify the gap between tracks. You can set it to 0. The thing I don’t know is why Plextools does not allow copies without 2 seconds pregap in the first track. i don’t know if that is what you are asking.

Hope this is useful 4 U! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by chevysales
[B]well i see if used for encoding to mp3 it does 320 but at joint stereo!

duh, all i had to do was copy lame dll [3.92] to plextools directory.

since i had it in audiograbber’s directory a cut and paste did the trick. [/B]

Great Tip … Thanks for the info it works great with my 40x12x40 Plextor … :cool:

Originally posted by GleaM
[B]Hi chevysales.

The thing I don’t know is why Plextools does not allow copies without 2 seconds pregap in the first track[/B]

When there isn’t a 2 second pregap at the first track, the cd will not be readable in audio cd players

Well, I did not know that! Thanx for the info :bigsmile:

Actually, the first two second pregap in the pre gap of the audio session. It is not read by CD players. It is a system specification of audio CD that should be hidden by burning programs, as it is very confusing.