Plextools 2.x Setup question

Hello

I lost my Plextools 2.x setup CD, so I can not install the Plextools 2.36. I read in the past somewhere here a thread with a “registry hack” to install the update without a prevoius setup of the CD version.

Unfortunately I can not find this anymore :sad:

Is there any reason for not installing Plextools LE? You can install it without a previous version of Plextools present.

Cheers

James.

Based on your signature you have a lot of Plextor drives. Each drive comes with a copy of Plextools installation CD: did you lost all these CDs? :wink:

The newer drives has Plextools LE/XL on the additional disk, and I only had Plextools 2.x with my Premium drive. Finally I found an old disk yesterday in the later evening.

For this reason my problem is solved I found my disk :slight_smile:

I looked around TM but could not find anything for you. Glad you found your disc.

You might want to make a backup copy.

I have more PlexTools CDs than I know what to do with, and would be glad to get rid of them!

I purchased a Plextor 760A on E-bay, came with no disk,to purchase one, the cost is about $60, which I don’t I think is worth it. The free version, LE, is very limited. Are there any other tools to use with Plextor to do scans and other tests?

Pxscan, but you have to flash the 760A with patched firmware in order to use it.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2030297]Pxscan, but you have to flash the 760A with patched firmware in order to use it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, where would I get the patched firmware from?

TM,

I have this original CD in case you might need it in the future. :cool:

[QUOTE=alex thyl;2030301]TM,

I have this original CD in case you might need it in the future. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thank you , yes I could use it.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2030191]The free version, LE, is very limited.[/QUOTE]

I’m intrigued to know what features you need that aren’t in LE.

Cheers

James.

For example: MP3-tags in conjunction with freedb are broken in XL/LE.

But 2.x doesn’t work on Vista, right?

Right.

The good ole’ plexreghack could come in handy, for someone who lost his Disc.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Juxtaposition]
@="11111111"
“Parameter”=“11111111”