* Changed: Update FLAC encoder to V1.1.2

* Bug Fix: several minor bug fixes

PlexTools Professional V2.27 released on 1 October 2005

* Added: Support for PX-760A

PlexTools Professional V2.26 released on 1 September 2005

* Added: Support for PX-750A
* Support for DVD-RAM

Thanks hwp.

Looks like Plextor is prepared for PX-760. New AutoStrategy and PlexEraser functions in Plextools 2.28.

And I think Plextor is playing safe. Note that previous post by yangxi we saw the unreleased Plextools 2.27 was used in the write transfer test for 10x DVD+R DL.

thx for the heads up hwp!

Thanks for the info hwp and zevia :slight_smile:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12648

You da man!

there’s button to create dvd writing strategy but it always grey. is it possible to use it for disks with known strategy? also CD/DVD Info need me to restart Plextools each time I wish to see DVD IDs. there was no such problem with version 2.25…

This feature is for the Plextor 760A

have you tried Options>Refresh or Rescan Devices instead of restarting the app?

2 drpino:

this helped, thanks. just curious why I have to do that while in older version I haven’t

Hi :slight_smile:
That’s progress for you.

what’s next? I will need to make drives rescan or something else in version 2.30 before each error scan or disk write? :frowning:

another small question. I’ve disassembled plextools 2.28 and traced in olly. its very easy to enable all “reserved for PX760” options. do you think any of them will work correctly?

i have no idea why that you would or wouldn’t have had to “refresh” or “rescan” in previous versions…in my experiences it’s been pretty random between all versions of PT that i’ve had to use that option…

hmm, what type of options for the 760 are you seeing? if they’re hardware dependent (i.e. new AutoStrategy, etc.) i doubt they’d work with the 716…

I’ve not tried and tested this but: Could it be that an activated auto insert notification would also ‘rescan’ automatically? I’ve always had to hit that button manually but i also always had auto notification off …

actually I’m talking about possibility to create new strategy replacing exisiting one. use “long method” for strategy creation, force strategy usage from writer flash memo, etc.

all of which are features of the “new” AS found in the 760 and are most likely EEPROM/hardware dependent…

another small question. I’ve disassembled plextools 2.28 and traced in olly. its very easy to enable all “reserved for PX760” options. do you think any of them will work correctly?
Why don’t you try it? I don’t really think you’ll damage a PX-716 by sending those commands…

2 alexnoe: I hope so and I’ll try asap

another strange things. nag about “Plextools bla-bla-bla” added again into all test result screens. what for?

test results (PI/PO) are different from 2.25 (now they are worse). btw, when compared 2.25 to 2.20, I’ve also noticed worse test results.

nag can be turned off in preferences…look around…

if scanning the same discs, many variables will contribute to increases in PIE/F errors…even if they’re significantly worse, that could be due to deterioration of the media and not plextools…it’s difficult to make conclusions about the results between diff versions of plextools unless scanning one right after the other which involves a lot of re/uninstalling (and without removing the disc btw scans)…

Just run the same test several times in PxScan, and you’ll see how much the results can vary from one scan to another