Plexor Europe releases PlexWriter 40/12/40U

vbimport

I just posted the article Plexor Europe releases PlexWriter 40/12/40U.

Plextor Europe has updated their website with the specifications of a new Plextor model; the PlexWriter 40/12/40U. This writer is able to write at 40 speed, rewrite at 12 speed and read at 40 speed…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3811-Plexor-Europe-releases-PlexWriter-40_12_40U.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3811-Plexor-Europe-releases-PlexWriter-40_12_40U.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

sigh a 40/12/40TSi model would be nice :c

You guys need to stop dreaming about a new SCSI drives… it will never happen. The best you can do is hope that Yamaha sells a SCSI adapter for their next writer.

yeah, scsi would be great but it`ll never com I guess…maybe a firewire version would be nice too.

And what’s wrong with US2.0 ? A pro for SCSI was less CPU resources…

Honestly, USB 2.0 and FireWire don’t use a lot of CPU. They’re not like the old USB 1.1 drives that would use half your CPU. Most of the ones I’ve tested have used about 1% more of your CPU over the ATAPI versions. Of course this also depends on your USB 2.0 and FireWire adapter.

hey, Ian, don’t be so pessimistic, I am still dreaming about a new plextor scsi drive. Maybe it will happen? Usb burners are slow, methinks (as far as bandwidth is concerned)? also they are more expensive than the built-in drives

Finally a Plextor drive with Mt. Rainer. Now all it needs is P-CAV. :slight_smile: And you SCSI people… what is wrong with IDE? Really the only point in getting a SCSI burner is because it is less CPU intensive and letting you do other tasks without the fear of buffer underruns. With drives now hitting 40x, with burn-proof, and only taking about 3.5 minutes to burn a disc, there is NO POINT in a SCSI version.

USB 2.0 and FireWire are far from slow. They provide enough bandwidth (and then some) for both CD-RW’s and DVD drives. These days, I’m not convinced that SCSI is less CPU intensive than IDE.