Plexi 40x12x40 bad burn

Nero 5.5.10.20a + Plexi 40x12x40a 1.05
When I burn whit Nero or Easy CD Creator… the CD hat always bad files.
Can i get flash back to 1.03 ? :rolleyes: Becouse this version is OK

My Conf:
Abit KT7a
512 Mb ram
1xWD 20 GB
Plexi 40x12x40a 1.05 (UDMA enabled)
1xUSB card reader (MS,CF,MMC…)
Geforce 2 TI 64 MB
Aspi 4.71
Windowz 2000

Originally posted by -=Inv@liD=-
Nero 5.5.10.20a + Plexi 40x12x40a 1.05
When I burn whit Nero or Easy CD Creator… the CD hat always bad files.
Can i get flash back to 1.03 ? :rolleyes: Becouse this version is OK
Firstly, were you talking about strictly data files or not ?
In case if the 1.03 FW worked fine, you should simply take your drive back to the former state.
There’s no trouble with the 1.05 version in my case, though.

I’ve learnt that the Nero + EZCD combination = no perfect pair.
I don’t know, since I’ve never used the latter one, i.e. Easy CD Creator.
I guess you should take a compromise decision and choose the SW, which is more suitable for you and your system.
You didn’t mention PlexTools, how would it end up when burning with it ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Firstly, were you talking about strictly data files or not ?
In case if the 1.03 FW worked fine, you should simply take your drive back to the former state.
There’s no trouble with the 1.05 version in my case, though.

I’ve learnt that the Nero + EZCD combination = no perfect pair.
I don’t know, since I’ve never used the latter one, i.e. Easy CD Creator.
[/B]

Problem is with audio & data. Concrete Burn AudioCD play in DiscMann correct but in PC at ripping is badly (on Teac 48x…). Data CD - when i burn couple files (150 MB) and verify - is OK. But when i Burn full cd (now with Mp3) 9 files from 120 cannot by copy - bad.

All right, can i get firmware back, so that simply run plextor firmware utlility ?

Withal Nero + ECDC - i have rank, hith 2 equivalent HDD. in 1 Winz + Nero and in 2 Winz + ECDC :cool:

Somewhere i read, that when u disable udma (insert dma switch) this can help, have you therewith know-how?
PS: sorry my English is some no reign good
:bigsmile:

Now i have “clear” Windows ME
When i burn on Memorex CD-R (700MB, 48 x) in Nero (5.5.10.28) or in Burnatonce (0.97a) or in Nero CD Speed show me this error: Error! No seek (030200) :confused:

And when burn on CD-RW (Platinium 700MB 4-12x or Memorex 700MB 8-12x) no problem, no error…
:rolleyes:

I have problem only with CD-R
:bow: Help meeee !

Have you tried going back to firmware 1.03? I can’t think of a reason why 1.05 would create errors and 1.03 will not. Have you checked your IDE-cables for damages, etc. It’s of course recommended to try the drive in another computer to see if it also creates errors there. If that is not the case then the problem is with your computer, if it does then the problem lies with the drive… Please report back.

All right, i check the cable, try change jumper settings…
With no effect :confused:

When i surfing on this forum, i see something about Self-test
I try and the result is - bad drive :bigsmile: Ok, accordingly i get complain this drive…

here is manual Self test

Thanks for the heads up -=Inv@liD=-.